Which Xc Bike?

Rob_P

After selling my trials bike I think I still need a bike of some kind, not really trials orientated. After many years of riding it feels like I still need a half decent bike.

Just basically something to get around on while at uni, as I live right in town I can just roll around with my headphones on, mess around on the walls etc. Then in the summer I can bring it home, not have to drive everywhere, pop into the woods for a blast maybe, some street, dirt whatever!

On a budget of course, maybe something like £3-400. Also with christmas coming up as well, money towards it.

I've seen on bikedock this DMR drone 07 for £399, what do we think? CLICK

Any other suggestions people as i've never really looked into it before.

Whats hot and whats not.

Thanks guys :)

Edited by Rob_P

Mates got a drone. Feels like a TANK. I'd advice saving money and getting the identity. Those ride lush.

Yeah gone off them now, does look a heavy bike!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24SEVEN-247-DIRT-JUM...1QQcmdZViewItem

or just have a skim through ebay in general, they sometimes got some good deals on there

o yeh I forgot about 24/7, thanks! That does look very nice

Is a bmx no good ? :P

No a bmx would do my head in, would be rubbish for riding for any length of time plus I don't really want to ride bmx full stop.

Mike Dmrs are ace.

I might be selling my transition if you fancy it? If I put the rigids back on and the 3 piece cranks you can have it for £400?

Will be like that.

*photos*

As nice as that is, i'm not sure about the whole street thing now :S

Just spoken to a mate who's also sold his trials and has just bought a Kona XC bike! I'm possibly going to head the same way, riding more of distance stuff, through the woods and to generally keep fit.

Something like a Kona shred is looking quite appealing with a bit of a streety look and a decent amount of gears, and price.

hummmmmm! need to think

No a bmx would do my head in, would be rubbish for riding for any length of time plus I don't really want to ride bmx full stop.

Don't get a 24" street bike then. In fact, I don't really see the point of 24" street bikes anyway. For DJ maybe though. I just think if you want a BMX, get a BMX.

Thanks but no thanks.

Kinda changing my mind everyday here and my budget seems to be creeping up too since I want some semi decent forks, SR suntours just don't sound appealing. Also would like some hayes hydro brakes.

More of the 26" XC range im looking at here people. Kona are looking good, Marin too, so much choice!! Gonna have a look in some local bike shops.

(Y)

Is a bargain, he's spent a small fortune on the b*****d. Only thing wrong with it is the shock bush and it needs a slightly longer length of gear outer where the frame pivots. It kinda changes gear when it gets bumpy lol.

You're only round the corner aren't you?

Edited by Lawnmowerman