Reset Bike Co

26inch

Saw the proto. ageeesss ago, looks pretty nice but to be honest i think its overpriced and the geo. on the inspired sounds a fair bit nicer to me, BB on that sounds to low. But hey i know feck all, just going on imagination :)

because it serves a purpose, it rides well and does what its supposed to do, whereas as 24"'s are supposed to be streety so having a long, low slugish compy geo for it is just shit

Where's the rulebook?!

Might make things a bit different from the standard 24" image. Have you seen some of the stuff the street riders in films like "Monkey Style" 2 etc are doing? Perhaps elements of this can start to come into play with this kind of geometry.

Until a few people get out and play on them and give feedback, who knows.

I'd be more than happy to give one a shot!

glad im not the only 1 who thort it looks surprisingly like a pashley!

check them chainstays, the end of top tube at seatstay area and the curved top side of the dropouts.

Personally i think its nice and wud be pretty much springy like a pash for those who like that sorta ride :)

but id stil swing a leg over an inspired instead... by far the best lookin 24" atm.

just hope it rides as good as it looks......

To get as close to the short, flickable feel of a street bmx i guess. the basic triangular frame design would suggest this purpose.

but 1050 is long for a 24" the shorter a frame the more flicky, the inspired is 1040 i think and 24uk is 1025 or somthing, so the 1050 is long and makes it seem a tad long for the flicky streety stuff normally asociated with 24" riding.

but 1050 is long for a 24" the shorter a frame the more flicky, the inspired is 1040 i think and 24uk is 1025 or somthing, so the 1050 is long and makes it seem a tad long for the flicky streety stuff normally asociated with 24" riding.

Exactly, 'normaly'. not everyones normal, infact cock all people are. Whats the point in a 24" with a 1050 wheel base? Well maybe some people are abnormal in that they want a long 24" Maybe they're tall and find short bikes cramped? Maybe they're short and find a stock a bit of a handfull but don't want a mod or a street bike? Theres pleanty of reasons for 24" geometry to vary, 26"s vary from 990 street frames to 1100 comp bikes. at the moment 24"s only vary between like 1020 and 1050 other than the odd leeson. IMO theres still not enough variation, how can we know what works best without experementing a bit?

I think it'll ride nicely, wont be too unstable and should have a pretty different feel to the inspired, being steel a pretty different geo.