Adam-Griffin

What do you ride ?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. what do you ride ?

• Mod("20)
    • Stock ("26)
    • "24 (speaks for it's self)
    • Multiple.

I'm wondering if anyone's bike preference been set by what they did before riding trials - as an XCer I naturally went for a stock trials bike as I was already used to that sized wheel. Do BMX riders tend to have mods? What size wheel do people who never did any other type of cycling before taking up trials prefer?

I'm wondering if anyone's bike preference been set by what they did before riding trials - as an XCer I naturally went for a stock trials bike as I was already used to that sized wheel. Do BMX riders tend to have mods? What size wheel do people who never did any other type of cycling before taking up trials prefer?

I know 3 people that went from dirt jumpers to riding mods but in general I would say that most people would go for a similar size to what they previously rode before.

I started on a stock, went mod, went bmx, went mod, went stock, and ended up with loads of bikes. I find stock is best for me yet i like riding mod for a change. However i do prefer bmx to be 20" rather than 24".

I voted 26" but I will buy a 24" very soon. And it's not just because of the 24" wave that seems to be right now. I've been riding trials for one and a half year and i started with a short 20" and tried some streety things but it was not suitable for me because of the small wheels so I bought a 26" and I tried to ride a little street style with it and It was a little difficult so I've been looking for something a little smaller but still suitable for trial but I haven't found anything untill now when the Inspired has come out and to a descent price.

So I've bought a GU frame to my 26" bike and made it a pure trial bike and then I will have the 24" for allround style.