Http://www.secondlife.com/

Davetrials

I hate it, I've just watched it and I'm one irate motherhubbard. It's the most ludicrous thing ever, these people actually get sucked into this an live their lives in the cyber world, regardless of the affect it has on those closest to them. In both cases there, the ginger woman had become distant from her 4 kids and her husband was putting on a brave face. The bloke from the other couple, that ended up getting married, was basically cheating on his wife via playing this game. Argh! People get a grip on life! Instead of hiding your personaly feelings away about stuff that isn't right in your life an pretending to be something your not (at the expense of those closest to you) they should be facing and dealing with their problems. Twats.

i dont understand how it gets so serious

what else si there to do in this second life?

just walk around, and the characters they design are so funny, there so completly utterly nothing like the person behind them its unreal, and yet they all say "this is what i should look like" "this is what i look like inside"

f**k off youve just go no self esteem

I'll say what we're all thinking, the graphics are rubbish.

Congratulations, the first time I've seriously laughed at something on the forum...probably :)

It looks appauling. I've only seen the first few minutes of that programme but I get the idea...I looks like a copy of The Sims. People do get washed up into this sort of thing. People say shes 'got everything' and has a good life; but its clear its not what she wants in life.

Afterall, her husband might knock her about or something and she see's the 'virtual world' as a way to escape from reality. Plus, if you're going to take thiis cyber love thing seriously, she ought to consider a PC upgrade.

Its either cyberlove or 4 sweet doses of heroin everyday...I know which I'd go for.

Edited by anzo

i dont understand how it gets so serious

what else si there to do in this second life?

Not a clue, i just know some major organisations are on it advertising their stuff, and there is already someone on there who has made a million real dollars buying and selling fake land on SecondLife.

I honestly can't see what there is to do there either, just walk around and chat?

Either way, it's so, so huge, not surprised this stuff is happening to be honest, how ever much that women betraying her husband and kids like that is just f**king ridiculous, it happens.

I did a module on this and looked at people losing themselves in virtual worlds. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

On Second Life you can actually put REAL money in and get L$ (Linden dollars/game currency) which you can use to buy things in the game. It's aiming to be exactly what it says - a virtual second life for someone which is a substitute for reality. You own things, buy things, do things just like in the real world.

It is pretty sad I guess, from my perspective. But at the end of the day it's another escape from reality to make people feel better about themselves. If I go and spunk £40 getting twisted on a night out and enjoy it, someone else might plough £40 into the game on a Friday night and enjoy it just as much. Both have pros and cons. Both are equally valid as enjoyment.

Did come across this which is pretty odd though haha..http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNew...453844620071114

There are some people affected really badly by these MMORPG type games.

Baby left alone whilst parents play WoW dies

Guy killed over a sword in a game

'Eventually, Chengwei lost patience and let rip with a real-life knife that was most definitely sharp and very pointy.'

Good way to put it :P

By the way, both links go to the same place.

Matt

Edited by Skoze

I love this shit - it does the job that evolution did before we invented hospitals.

Kill off the weak and feeble? Isnt it just a way for all the spasticated people around the well to meet each other and breed more spasticated children. Look at the two fatties in the vid, they were expecting a kid. Marvelous.

Kill off the weak and feeble? Isnt it just a way for all the spasticated people around the well to meet each other and breed more spasticated children. Look at the two fatties in the vid, they were expecting a kid. Marvelous.

they're a rare exception - most of them never meet and those that do either stab each other over imaginary magical swords or manage to eliminate any offspring they may have had by letting them suffocate while they're off working towards earning an imaginary magical sword.

Edited by poopipe

they're a rare exception - most of them never meet and those that do either stab each other over imaginary magical swords or manage to eliminate any offspring they may have had by letting them suffocate while they're off working towards earning an imaginary magical sword.

hehe :D