Back From The Dead...

walker

Remeber this?

DSC00575.jpg

So finally it arrived after being stuck at the paint sprayer's for quite a while, but its been worth the wait!

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

Bulit up:

DSCF0374.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0390.jpg

The down tube has been replaced with a non-butted tube, its looks brand new again and i'm really pleased with the colour, its a slightly darker colour than before, i think it goes really well with the white rims and stickers. Clive has done an excellent job, its impossible to tell that its had a tube replaced.

The spec is:

Leeson 505 frame

Echo lite forks

Monty rims on try-all hubs

Monty tyres

Hope Try-all 160 front disk

Rear Magura with Monty splitter - Coust Pads

Monty cranks

ENO freewheel

KMC kool chain, with 360 dropouts and little tensioner

FSA Bottom bracket

Wellgo magnesium pedals

Monty Stem

Onza 28" carbon riser bars

Specialites TA headset - never seen one before now, Clive just sent it to me, but its lighter than a King headsat, and its sealed bearing.

Still need to put my booster on, will be on tomorrow and ive got some hose guides to go on as well, so that electrical tape can come off.

Anyway, im really happy with it and cant wait to give it a proper ride out and get some filming done! Feeling a bit out of practise!

Hope you like

Andrew

Yep. No horizontal dropouts, so the rear wheel is always in the same place, making it really easy to take the wheel out and without having to set up the rear brake again, the tensioner is held in position by the wheel bolt between the hub and the frame, so no springs so it doesnt weigh that much

Havnt weighed the frame but it feels reasonable, got a good build and its really good on the back wheel.

It is long, measured it at about 1042, i forget what the bb rise is

As far as i am aware its only the 4th he's made, and only the second with the single seat tube design.

Andrew

Edited by walker

It does look amazing but I think it would look even nicer with black forks

I know where your going with it, and I think it would look nice. But 1) Yeh he's right, they do look a bit naff when black forks get scratched, and 2) I think he needed it silver as if it was black, I think he would have to remove everything silver because it wouldn't look right at all.

But that's just my opinion.

I think its pretty sexy, nice job there (Y)

How much Roughly would it cost for something similar to that ?

Looks 'mazin, Hate the stem though....

All of Clive's frames are £400, you can add up the rest yourself....

how does the tensioner work?

Can the same thing be done by clive for a 24/26?

It works by simply using the wheel bolt to clamp the tensioner in the correct position. Yes, it might work, but clive has his own mech hangar system bolted to the chainstay, he simply bolts the tensioner to these on the 24"/26" bikes.

Andrew