Blu Ray Wins

Boswell

blue ray makes me angry, i cant tell the f**king different between that and HD

There isn't just that they use different discs. So up until now they've both needed different disc drives, meaning a ps3 won't play hd dvd and an xbox won't play blue ray. The way to tell the difference is the big fat name on the top of the box ;)

I'm glad blue ray won, we have about 15 of them downstairs. As well as the fancy expensive blue ray player :D

maybe he meant tell the difference in quality

anyone read the article?

make sense really.

10million ps3's sold alone. compared to 1 million hd players

Thats why i said there isn't any difference, aside from the discs. The difference in image quality is negligable, they're both HD, they just go about it in different coding ways.

I think there's rumours of Microsoft of buying a Blu-Ray license, so its more than likely that there'll be an Xbox 360 Blu-Ray edition.

Sony have said something like "We would welcome Microsoft to the Blu-Ray camp" or something, so it looks good. Rumour is that it could be an add-on drive released in May. Would be pretty sweet.

I got the HD DVD drive knowing that Blu Ray would eventually win, but I wanted Transformers in HD and I got 5 free movies (these alone cover the price of the player) so no great loss to me at all. I'll buy a Blu Ray player when they are a bit more reasonably priced and put it next to the HD DVD player.

Plus all those unlucky HD DVD owners will soon have a load of cheap movies available.

Stupid, stupid question, but what about SkyHD? Is it just High Definition stream rather then a standard. I guess it would be stupid if it was, plus, SkyBlu-Ray sounds shit. :lol:

Also, aren't blu-ray players like 7x more expensive then HD ones, at least, from when i've looked?

Also, can you put HD movies on a blu-ray disc? Or is it different encoding and everything?

Just interested as i'm looking at getting a HDTV soon.

blu-ray is a HD DVD

in the sense it stores information in a high density manner

HD-DVDs do it too, but in a different way.

And Sky HD is just a high-density stream of telly information, meaning, you get more stuff in the signal.

So, blu-ray will hold a HD movie, and the prices for a blu-ray player will probably drop soon

Blue-Ray and HD DVD are media storage formats. HD still stands on SkyHD as its simply High Definiton TV which requires a HDTV.

Blue-Ray and HD DVD will make no difference to television/sky, it only effects what equipment you want to play them on :)