I'm Weak

pockettissue

Hi everyone.

I have a problem, and that is I am quite weak.

When I was trying to learn bunny hops (and I still can't do them), I couldn't pull up the front of the bike high enough.

So the "bunny hops" ended up to be both wheels off the ground at the same time.

Also when I was trying to learn wheelies, I found pulling up the front end of the bike up and back to wheelie position.

Something tells me that if I lack upper body strength, rear wheel hops will be extremely difficult as well as getting onto obstacles and trials overall.

So what can I do to increase my upper body strength? And is lack of upper body strength really the cause, or am I just doing all the moves wrong?

I'm 14 and 5'2", if that helps.

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone.

I have a problem, and that is I am quite weak.

When I was trying to learn bunny hops (and I still can't do them), I couldn't pull up the front of the bike high enough.

So the "bunny hops" ended up to be both wheels off the ground at the same time.

Also when I was trying to learn wheelies, I found pulling up the front end of the bike up and back to wheelie position.

Something tells me that if I lack upper body strength, rear wheel hops will be extremely difficult as well as getting onto obstacles and trials overall.

So what can I do to increase my upper body strength? And is lack of upper body strength really the cause, or am I just doing all the moves wrong?

I'm 14 and 5'2", if that helps.

Thanks everyone!

You are only 14 buddy give it literally a couple of months and you will filll out...... As for lack of upper body strength (i'm a monster 6ft 3 16 stonne *not fat mind*) But i have to admitt i am not amazing, alot smaller people are better than me and for one reason TECHNIQUE. Once you have learnt it moves become easier try going through www.trashzen.com give a few tips and hints there a go....

Hope i helped

Tom

You are only 14 buddy give it literally a couple of months and you will filll out...... As for lack of upper body strength (i'm a monster 6ft 3 16 stonne *not fat mind*) But i have to admitt i am not amazing, alot smaller people are better than me and for one reason TECHNIQUE. Once you have learnt it moves become easier try going through www.trashzen.com give a few tips and hints there a go....

Hope i helped

Tom

yeah i also forgot to add its all about technique too.

when i first started i brought Ryan Leeches - art of trials, and i found it very very very very very very very very useful,

i cant begin to say how much it is worth your money.

its available from halfords for the amazing price of £15.99 (Y)

..rob..

Ride as often as possible, but swimming is brilliant, but really needs to be coupled with going to the gym, as it only excersises certain muscles.

I have bought some home gym stuff, but honestly, purely for trials, you need to be light and springy, which comes with riding more.

Could join a gymnastics club?

My mate used to make a point of riding for a while every night after school, he is now much fitter and springier than me.

your obviously not wank!ng enough mate :P

i'm a fat fk, (weigh just short of 16 stone) and have to lift my bike, and 16 stone whenever i ride,

i've got a pull up bar in my doorway and just do a few pull ups everytime i goe in or out my room, it was like £15 from argos well worth it.

first of all i would like to say that unless you have a bike with the wheelbase of 990 then bunnyhoping a trials is very difficult , also that doesnt effect the way you are on the back wheel your probbaly strugling because of your bike . also alot of people are right that if you keep riding then you will become very very strong , 4 years ago i started i was a fat weak child now iam a man :lol: and iam realy realy strong . just stick to it thats all i can say , if u feel you want to train then go for it im sure it will help no end .

Ride as often as possible, but swimming is brilliant, but really needs to be coupled with going to the gym, as it only excersises certain muscles.

I have bought some home gym stuff, but honestly, purely for trials, you need to be light and springy, which comes with riding more.

Could join a gymnastics club?

My mate used to make a point of riding for a while every night after school, he is now much fitter and springier than me.

It exercises every majour muscle group in the body.

Haha, awesome. I just came back from swimming :D

Alright, so just riding will increase my strength. Would pushups help?

I don't have access to gym equipment, sadly.

Yup push ups and pull ups, also alot of your strength comes from your core, stomach and your lower back but the rest is all down to technique which comes with practice.

Have you tried things like fitting a smaller stem or maybe a lighter front wheel? Its all very well people telling you to do some excercises but the effects can take longer or shorter depending on how your body reacts to it. Where as fitting the new parts if you have the funds to do so would be a quicker solution, allowing you to carry on riding.

It exercises every majour muscle group in the body.

im glad somebody put him right! swimming is the best all round form of exercise. its builds strength, endurance and speed in every major muscle group.

weight training if your only 14 is not the way to go, you could end up doing more damage than good. get in the pool fora few hours a week and you'll reap the benefits in only a few months.

im just starting to get back into it again. been off for a few months and in that period ive really noticed how my fitness, strength and tone has suffered.

get in the pool and just keep riding.

theres a reason gyms dont let you in till 16, you are still growing and could quite easily harm your developement, i know its frustrating, i started riding at 12 on a 26" you just need to practise lots to get good technique, i also advise you get a shorter stem, or maybe even a 20" bike