How Can You Make Front Disk Better ?

trialshenry

Clean the rotor, make sure there isn't any crap on the pads. Then Bed it in again, ride around with the brake on, get it really hot then chuck water over it, do this again and once it has dryed off it would work better :D

ok kl did not think of that i will try tomoz wen it has stopped raining thanks mate

erm why with water it is bleed find

and the brake is working fine apart from it letting the disk rotor slip though the pad it dose not seem to have any bite

please whatever you do dont bleed with water >_<

if i was you i would wash the rotor well and sand the pads a bit,then i would ride down a big ass hill whilst dragging the brake to heat it up,once at the bottom pour cool wter over the rotor.then ride down the hill again dragging the brake pouring the water a few times more and the brake should be bedding in now,so hopefully your brake performance will improve.

steve

please whatever you do dont bleed with water >_<

if i was you i would wash the rotor well and sand the pads a bit,then i would ride down a big ass hill whilst dragging the brake to heat it up,once at the bottom pour cool wter over the rotor.then ride down the hill again dragging the brake pouring the water a few times more and the brake should be bedding in now,so hopefully your brake performance will improve.

steve

ok lol i wont !! bleed with water to be honest i thought i was bit of a stupid idea anyway lol and thanks for the comment irl let you guy know how it goes tomoz

Thanks Henry

Grind the rotor, put tar on the pads and bleed it with water.

Definately the best way! i found that a medium grind on the rotor with tar worked really well aswell as drilling some extra holes in the rotor itself.

As for bleeding with water, id recomend diesel, its so much better and doesnt freeze!

I'd say just bed it in, smear mud round the rotor and rub the brake up and down tha road, spray the water off then go up and down the road until the brake is dry.

They continue to bed in over time, just never get oil or any form of soap near them. I just clean my bike with clean water from the hose, then go round with a cloth and wipe any other dirt off.

If you use soap, it will contaminate the pads and your brake will end up being pretty cack.

Clean the rotor, make sure there isn't any crap on the pads. Then Bed it in again, ride around with the brake on, get it really hot then chuck water over it, do this again and once it has dryed off it would work better :D

Do this! I did it yesterday on my new hope disk that I got second hand

makes it grip properly :rolleyes:

If its a new brake itll need time to bed in. I read in singletrack magazine that smearing cokeover the rotor helps to achive this quicker. Also clean it with disc break cleaner, muc off stuff is the best i find but seeing as its a hope logic would dictate hope shit shifter would work better

OK ignore all advice in the topic except anything similar to : pore water over thr brake and ride around doing complete stops for 5 mins. then repeat, basically it wears the pads flat to the rotor and your brake works. if it doesnt then clean the rotor and get new pads

If you have got brake fluid on the pads they are basicly naffed, i got dot 4 on my pads and had to buy new 1`s

this is after changing the rotor and putting water on the disk.

hey there thanks for all the help i do not have any brake fluid on the pads of anything i have been riding around with the brake on and it seem t be getting better s irl keep trying this thanks for the help guys