F1

Fish-Finger-er

• 2 weeks later...

Some cool unseen bits and pieces in this.  Some dude on Vimeo used to upload them from every race last year but he hasn't been this year, seems someone else has taken over that responsibility...

Hamilton really, really wanted to put that steering wheel back on.

I'm happy that rosbergs lead has been cut down quite a bit, but a bit gutted for ricciardo.

Im not really a Hamilton fan (just so blessed) but I absolutely would hate for rosberg to take the wdc

Most Hamilton fans do so begrudgingly, I've found. Me included. Much rather JB to have the car, although I think I look at his current talent through rose tinted specs. Seeing Jolyon not f**k up would be good too. 

Great race though, not just because of the rain but because of the extra compound choices that came about. Perez on softs, WTF?

Yeah, that dude just randomly stepping onto a podium again from nowhere.  Hulkenberg pipping Rosberg on the line was worth some lols too.  Apparently Rosberg had "confidence issues", "tyre temperature issues" and "brake temperature issues", aka "Drove like a bitch and couldn't get heat into anything".  

Jolyon Palmer kind of got shown up for the level of driver he is this weekend, it seemed.  Never really been that convinced by him anyway, but he didn't exactly put in a good showing.  I know the same could be said of Verstappen as he had similar problems, but it's not like Max has been pretty shit for the past few races either.

Extra compounds have definitely spiced things up a bit.  The past couple of races it's genuinely been pretty up in the air as to who's going to win even when you're pretty deep into the race.  Pretty amazed Hamilton got those Ultrasofts to last that distance too, having to put in fastest laps then conserve them for a lap then fastest lap then conserve them and so on must have been tricky to do for that long a distance, especially with Ricciardo breathing down his neck for most of it.

Agreed about him playing the God card pretty hard these days.  Not really sure where that's come about but it's kind of weird.  Also, Justin Bieber.  What.  At least he pretended to have an interest in it though, unlike when they interviewed the guy from One Direction before the race and when asked "Are you interested in F1?" he replied "No..."

I was at the F1 in Monaco. Me and two mates drove down last week through France and Italy, did abit of touristy shit and ended up at the house in Italy about half an hour from Monaco. We had shit tickets as everything else was mega expensive, up on the hillside overlooking the second to last and last corners. It was alright until it came to race day... It was absolutely rammed, so bad that we f**ked it off and were going to watch it on the big screen in the bar. Waited round for ages and on the way to the bar we found a gate we could stand on and look over a fence, actually had a decent view despite it being very painful on the feet. About 30 laps in to the race a security guard came along and told us to get down, so pissed off because we now couldn't see a thing. He went away so we got back up, got another 15 laps through and he came back and told us to come with him... At this point we thought we were being thrown out. He led us down to a passage way which we thought lead us to a security hut or something where we were going to get bollocked, we walk round the corner and with a smile on his face he directs us in to a grandstand! With utter disbelief we shook him by the hand and watched the rest of the race from some €450 seats with our noses through the catch fence! I've never had a day improve that much start to finish!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching free practice, Daniel Riccardo wrote off the right rear end of his car from just one casual mistake on turn 15. Certainly will be interesting to see how many cars make it through race distance.

Hamilton kissed the wall earlier and had to come it. 

Edited by Rusevelt

I'm genuinely excited about this race, the chances of an almighty pile up on the first lap are sooooo huge (and a big order shakeup). The track looks pretty good from the free practice bits I watched - real penalties for getting it wrong, low grip, and a mahoosive straight for overtaking (even without Drs?!) 

Only on Saturday though in fairness, he smashed the f**k out of it on Friday but from the sounds of things a setup change from Fri-Sat backfired.  

Seems like the kind of race where keeping out of trouble is probably going to be the most important thing.  Definitely potential for Hamilton to get pretty far forward in this race by the end if he keeps it clean.  Can see brake temperature/wear issues coming to play though.