Which Foot Forward...

Ste Wilson

Left or Right?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which foot do you gap with left or right?

• Left
    • Right

Just been wondering what the majority of people ride with... Right or left foot forward? In other words which foot do you gap with?

I always gap with my left foot forward..

p.s. I did Use the search engine to see if this topic had come up before and i couldnt find anything...

This has been covered plenty of times before... from memory it doesn't appear to have much to do with anything i.e. left/right footed in football doesn't necessarily mean left/right footed for riding...

Quick question for anyone who skate/snowboards, if your goofy footed, do you also ride your bike favouring the right foot forward? I'm right footed, am goofy (right foot forward on skate/snow) and also ride with my right foot forward but I think I'm in the minority there. Also sidehop to the left an spin to the left naturally as well.

Quick question for anyone who skate/snowboards, if your goofy footed, do you also ride your bike favouring the right foot forward? I'm right footed, am goofy (right foot forward on skate/snow) and also ride with my right foot forward but I think I'm in the minority there.

I'm goofy when i wakeboard/kitesurf/snowboard etc. And i ride right foot forward. Makes sense to me as it's your 'strongest' foot.

What I find really weird though is that some left foot forward riders prefer to sidehop to the left (My preference) and spin the front to the right, while others prefer exactly the opposite with the same foot position.

Im right footed, left foot forward, sidehop left and spin to the right - no wonder Im crap :D

This has been covered plenty of times before... from memory it doesn't appear to have much to do with anything i.e. left/right footed in football doesn't necessarily mean left/right footed for riding...

Quick question for anyone who skate/snowboards, if your goofy footed, do you also ride your bike favouring the right foot forward? I'm right footed, am goofy (right foot forward on skate/snow) and also ride with my right foot forward but I think I'm in the minority there. Also sidehop to the left an spin to the left naturally as well.

im same too

for me im right foot farward when im balancing and just riding but i pedal kick and gap and every thing power with my left

does any one eles have that problem?

what do i do

help

oh yeah im also right handed for every thing

Edited by Kevin Minatz

right foot forward, spinanti-clockwise, sidehop to the right, regular stance at snowboarding/surfing etc.

I'm goofy when i wakeboard/kitesurf/snowboard etc. And i ride right foot forward. Makes sense to me as it's your 'strongest' foot.

as you steer with your rear foot, then having your strongest foot at the back would make sence, hence your goof and not the "normal" way!

Also with skateboarding, it's your rear foot that needs to be most coordinated I guess which makes it odd to have your weak foot at the back. I guess I started skateboarding when I was about 7 so it was more likely just the way I stepped onto the board the first time without ever considering goofy/regular...