Depression

sidehop

Long story and in my current state i dont want to go into it.

But i have been diagnosed with depression by taking 3 difforent tests rangeing from 86% to 89% depressed.

I feel shit all the time and well i want some advice...

Do i just have to stay this was or is there anything i can do?

:( Aidan.

Could have ecpected that answer from sombody whos and utter arsehole...

You dont know why i am depressed so why are you one to judge.

I don't really know what you expect from a trials forum, we're not doctors... Well, not psychiatrists anyways.

Edited by N.Wood

tests as in actual ones with skilled people involved or just internet ones?

because the internet ones say i have borderline... did an aspergers test for kicks once and i had a mild case of that too.

sucks if you're depressed "fo realz". try to enjoy daylight or something, darkness always makes me feel shite anyway. (the band included, they're terrible).

cheer the f**k up.

i hope one of ur mates says that to you when u feel like wank.

whats it to do with? or what? and what 'tests' have you done? tryed talking to friends/family? cousiler?(sp :S ) if its really that bad.

hope for the best, the waiting that hurts the most.

Matx

Depression is so bad... there isn't really a cure for it, you have to face it yourself and try to conquer it.

I have no idea what the source of your depression is so I don't if this is the kind of stuff that will help you

Things that help:

-Be optimistic

Don't think of yourself just failing at everything, there will come a day that you will learn to handle stuff, and everything will be all right at some point again. Just think about that alot. Try to see yourself succeeding.

- Talking with people about your feelings

this was one of the most important things for me..

Just don't keep all your feelings for yourself, one of the worst things you can do. There are people who have the same problems as you, if you could talk to someone like that it would be a good thing, recognition in yourself is always nice..

- Search for distraction

Don't just sit at home thinking about all your problems, go out and try to have a good time with trials or friends, or whatever makes you happy. Starting new hobby's will help a great deal aswell. Playing video games in bed or watching a movie keeps you trough sleepless nights aswell..

- Confront your fears

it might seem very scary, but this was the key solution for many of my problems. If you will just keep running away you will never ever deal with certain things. Really a hard thing..but a must if you want to come over your fears.

- Keep a way from addicting things

Your much more vulnerabble to addictions when your depressed, speaking out of personal experience here..

It may feel good at the moment your doing it, but it will make you even more depressed in the end.

Still have troubles with it now, keep away from it!

Can't think of anything more atm.

Good luck with everything :)

Well, the one thing that unites us all on this forum is trials. So my advice is, get out on your bike, get some fresh air. It really sorts my head out.

It's clinically proven that excersise makes you think clearer and feel happier.

Also, drink lots of water. Helps me to sleep better and think clearer, which in turn, puts me in a better mood.

Good luck mate, it's shit but you'll get through it.

Depression is an illness, i would say whats key to getting through it is a good set off friends and family. We on here cant help only tell you to change things which everyother person will tell you we cant really help you. Im guessing youve been doctors? if not then deffo go and you will proberly be put on medication. Its just a fase in your life its not somethign you will have for ever and at some point youll relise to snap out of it and turn your life around.

Edited by basher

Could have ecpected that answer from sombody whos and utter arsehole...

You dont know why i am depressed so why are you one to judge.

he's not judging you at all, but you asked for advice

as its been said were not doctors, surely they must have give you some advice

My Dad, it turns out, has had it for over 3-4 years now. Not something you really want to hear.

Either way, TF isn't a place for this. Unless someone on here's been through it, no-one's going to give you good advice to deal with it (e.g. drinking water...). Talk to someone who knows what they're doing. You only get one life, so don't f**k about if you know something's up, talk to someone who can help you work through it (Y)

I suppose it is. What I don't get is; why they give a downer to people with depression?!

SSRI's are the most commonly used, it's more of a mood stabiliser if anything, they have some pretty adverse side effects too.

it boils down to the fact that there is no better treatment readily available and as easily administered.

lesser of two evils and all that.

SSRI's are the most commonly used, it's more of a mood stabiliser if anything, they have some pretty adverse side effects too.

it boils down to the fact that there is no better treatment readily available and as easily administered.

lesser of two evils and all that.

ah right, I see. Are you actually a doctor?

prozac in my experience, was on it for about 3 years, isnt nice stuff. instead of it making me feel better. it just made me feel numb, couldnt feel sad or happy and it was just as bad as the depression itself.

give yourself something to focus on, i used riding as my outlet, i know a few other people the suffer from depression and they use riding to releive some of the frustration, plus it stops you having a chance to think too much.

talk to a real friend you can be open with, once you can do that your on the right track to getting somewhere.

i suffered from severe type 2 bipolar, not a friendly illness thats for sure. was first diagnosed when i was 14 and i still get months where im down.

its not gonna be easy and will take time. think months and years and your being more realistic if its genuine depression and not that your feeling down.

feel free to add me to msn if you wanna chat mate (Y)

p.s. who diagnosed you?

Long story and in my current state i dont want to go into it.

But i have been diagnosed with depression by taking 3 difforent tests rangeing from 86% to 89% depressed.

I feel shit all the time and well i want some advice...

Do i just have to stay this was or is there anything i can do?

:( Aidan.

I'm quite a depressive, and I'm down at the moment - a lot of people on here know my current situation. To be honest mate the nights suck and so do the days unless you stay busy.

Right now all that keeps me going is mixing / production and big jumps on the bike.

There's no "cure" for it mate, you just gotta hold it together and it'll all get better in the end :)

I know how you feel dude.