Most Interesting Fact You Know

Z o o !!

Helloo.

Just a topic to find out the most interesting facts you know, some may see it as sad, others may find it interesting lol,

Mine will have to be the story behind why B&Q is called B&Q.

Richard Block and David Quayle. The store was originally called Block & Quayle, but this was soon shortened to B&Q. The two founders had a fall out and went Quale went Solo and made his own business Called the well know BlockBuster, and he he called it blockbuster to get one back on richard block.

Whats yourss ?

:lol: Thats well a coincidence! I literally found out that fact last sunday at a B&Q job interview! When i saw this thread title that's the one i was going to post :mellow:

The other funny thing. The guy said that they sold it on too Kingfisher and someone said 'i bet they regret that now' and the B&Q guy said yer i bet Block does cos he's now a busdriver in northampton lmao!

That whole thing about water going different ways in different hemispheres is a complete myth.

It depends on how the basin is designed and whether your in the south or north, it makes no difference at all.

I've seen it with my own eyes in Kenya and I still don't understand how he faked it if he did... As a qualified aeospace engineer (rocket scientist to Derf) and hopefully soon to be Doctor of Engineering, I'm a secret believer in the coriolis effect in draining sinks... :P

a grizzly bear can run faster than a race horse

I just don't believe that at all. I work at racecourse, and the speed the 6 furlong sprinters is incredible. And somethign with such short legs and un aerodynamic shape has no hope of managing that.

I just don't believe that at all. I work at racecourse, and the speed the 6 furlong sprinters is incredible. And somethign with such short legs and un aerodynamic shape has no hope of managing that.

Apperently : "A bear is faster than a quarter horse over short distances. If a horse has a head start the bear will not likely catch it."

Vaguely humorous stuff along the same lines:

5/4 people don't understand fractions.

The are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who understand Gray code. :huh:

Why do mathematicians like national parks?

Because of the natural logs.

APPARENTLY...the Star Wars theme tune played backwards is the theme tune for Indiana Jones.

Apparently Playing Stairway to Heaven backwards says some satanic crap. It really doesn't though... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgxqgGUDno

Although playing a Windows XP CD backwards plays satanic messages. That's nothing, play it forwards and it installs windows.

I'm sorry :$