Most Interesting Fact You Know

Z o o !!

The thing about Daddy Long Legs is that they've got a really toxic venom but they have no way of administering it. But apparently that's not true anyway. Oh, a Daddy Long Legs isn't a spider, it's an insect* ;)

Unless you're not English.

it is true, because ricky Gervais said so

Actually the egg came first, because those dinosaurs evolved to grow wings and feathers. So in time, the egg which they lay would produce the creature we all call chicken.

This sounds racist. A black chicken has white feathers, but it's meat is all black. Nobody really eats them, the Chinese use them to boil herbal chicken soup, which tastes great!

Speaking of chickens, what's the best fried chicken restaurant? At my side it would be Popeye's because the KFC here is crap.

I've seen it with my own eyes in Kenya and I still don't understand how he faked it if he did... As a qualified aeospace engineer (rocket scientist to Derf) and hopefully soon to be Doctor of Engineering, I'm a secret believer in the coriolis effect in draining sinks... :P

It has a super faint effect .... in that you could change the direction very easily by hand...

-It would take twenty new mid-size cars to generate the same amount of pollution that a mid-size 1960's car did.

good job my 50's car is small then !!

apparently ....

Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson."

Biscuits no longer exist.

The word biscuit, translated means "twice baked" but since the introuction of baking soda, the second baking method is no longer necessary, thus they are no longer baked twice :)

Instead, the hobnob is now a cake.

No, because biscuits go soft when you leave them out, cakes go hard. That's why Jaffa cakes are cakes and Hobnobs are definitely biscuits.

because of the baking soda, as originally said. The baking soda gives the "biscuits" the same properties as how they were originally made, with double baking :)

No no no... that's to do with VAT!

I thought the no-VAT-on-Jaffa-Cakes thing was just a happy coincidence? Otherwise surely all the biscuit manufacturers would just call their products cake instead?

EDIT: Booyah:

Under UK law, no VAT is charged on biscuits and cakes — they are "zero rated". Chocolate covered biscuits, however, are subject to VAT at 17.5%. McVities classed its Jaffa Cakes as cakes, but in 1991, this was challenged by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise and the case ended up before the courts.[6] This may have been because Jaffa Cakes are about the same size and shape as some types of biscuit. A question that the court asked itself was "what criteria should be used to class something as a cake?"

McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes. In doing so it produced a giant Jaffa Cake to illustrate that its Jaffa Cakes were simply mini cakes.

McVities argued that a distinction between cakes and biscuits is, inter alia, that biscuits would normally be expected to go soft when stale, whereas cakes would normally be expected to go hard. It was demonstrated to the Tribunal that Jaffa Cakes become hard when stale. Other factors taken into account by the Chairman, Mr Potter QC, included: name, ingredients, texture, size, packaging, marketing, presentation, appeal to children, and manufacturing process. Contrary to a commonly held belief, whether something is considered a 'luxury item' is not a test for VAT purposes.

Mr Potter ruled that the Jaffa Cake is a cake. McVities therefore won the case and VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes.[7]

It even proves my other point about cakes going hard :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffa_Cake#Urban_legend

the song at the start of the "peep show" is by green day, the song itself is called "Im not sick, but im not well"

on the peep show it cuts in at 40 seconds from the song....

found that out kindof by accident today whilst listening to music when i turned on the peep show.......

Wrong.

Yeah, that's where I got it from too.

haha, i think we must just watch the same programmes all the time!!

I knew you got it from gervais because you chose to use the word 'administered' lol.