Bedroom Decorations

Danny Kearns

Hey guys, ive decided, bedrooms looking abit bland.

So been looking for some stuff to make it look better.

Ive noticed this kind of thing of Argos:

Argos link

But its all damn expensive.

Got my broken parts wall of fame so far. HTID wall of flyers, just need some general idea's, don't mind spending some money but not a great deal.

Help guys :)

HXHFL001wide.jpg

NFGCDpackage-wide.jpg

Along with NFG poster, Brother Ali poster, MF Doom poster, Atmosphere poster, Verse/Another Breath poster...

Will be going in my room Saturday :)

EDIT: Those banners are 3ftx5ft each, and I have two, woohoo!

Failling that, cover it in paper and make it a doodle wall.

Edited by JonMack

It can be done on the cheap, but be careful how cheap! Especially with Agros/Ikea, their flat pack tacky shit ranges from very cheap to stupidly expensive....the problem is it all falls apart after a few months.

Buy nice posters :) I like to buy art for my wall but that's probably alot more expensive then your wanting. Mount up shit like old skate decks. Ask photographers on here nicely if you can print one of their photos. You can generally get 8"x12" prints for £3 or so. A few of them could look pretty good stuck up.

Rip bits out of magazines. You already mentioned flyers, one of my walls is covered in good flyers.

Stencil and street artists often sell canvases for not that much on ebay. I'm talking proper unknown and probably never will be known artists, but still some good work for £10-£20 :)

It can be done on the cheap, but be careful how cheap! Especially with Agros/Ikea, their flat pack tacky shit ranges from very cheap to stupidly expensive....the problem is it all falls apart after a few months.

I think he's more reffering to little decorations for walls and stuff rather then furniture?

Edited by Max Quinn

Nice thread Danny.

I'm decorating my room soon... Painting all the walls white, then having one bright green one. ^_^

Then I wanted to see how much it'd cost to get some of my shots printed either on paper, or canvas.

You could always paint it. Stick to basic colours and can be done cheap and look really good. I have just done my (red and white) and it looks sweet.

For the walls I am getting some basic clip frames and putting one with gig tickets in, one with pictures of friends, one with family, a couple of big posters and some smaller ones with cool pics from of mags and stuff (bmx mainly).

where you get that Have Heart banner from? straight from Bridge9??

Nick

Yeah, $15 + $9 postage. I bought a Crime In Stereo one for my housemate at the same time.

I'd say so, looks like he's had a field day in the bridge 9 merch store. That new NFG cd is mint.

;) I love bridge9. New Found Glory/Set Your Goals/Crime In Stereo/Four Year Strong in November. Gonna be constant mosh, i'm so f**king psyched.

1) Find a picture you like (doesn't have to be particularly hi-res)

2) Use this: http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

3) Print it big - around 4 x 6 A4 sheets is good

I printed a Lichtenstein picture and stuck it on my wall, looked well good :)

thats really good been looking for something that does what this does for ages.

Thanks

joe

;) I love bridge9. New Found Glory/Set Your Goals/Crime In Stereo/Four Year Strong in November. Gonna be constant mosh, i'm so f**king psyched.

Really wanna go to that but shitty, big venues :( Hopefully FYS will do a couple of small headliners. Saw them the other day and despite being way too drunk at the time, it was mint. I've seen SYG and No Trigger at a local venue, and i think seeing them again might ruin the awesome way i remember them being, but still really wanna see them again.

Shame it was your sisters :giggle:

That was the worst joke. Ever.

Print off every picture you have on our computer and collage a wall, or as far as you can go. Start in one corner and just stick them up randomly. I've done it next to my computer and its always nice to look at, keeps memories fresh too :)

Really wanna go to that but shitty, big venues :( Hopefully FYS will do a couple of small headliners. Saw them the other day and despite being way too drunk at the time, it was mint. I've seen SYG and No Trigger at a local venue, and i think seeing them again might ruin the awesome way i remember them being, but still really wanna see them again.

Yeah saw FYS the other week, spoke to the synth player, was in a tiny venue and they were first on which made it f**king sick. Was so so hot but was awesome. I saw SYG/NT on that tour too, my mates band Save Your Breath played it too. Was awesome, but SYG generally can't sing as well live as they can on record, denied :(

Off topic ;)

Print off every picture you have on our computer and collage a wall, or as far as you can go. Start in one corner and just stick them up randomly. I've done it next to my computer and its always nice to look at, keeps memories fresh too :)

Get some pic of what that looks like am interested to see :P