In The Paper! For Our Campaign For A Trials Park.

Sucram

Our campaign for a trials park in the braintree area is still underway, the coucil have pritty much surrendered some land for it, its just a case of someone funding it for materials etc.

Well were are in the Braintree and Witham times...

post-10040-1213275153_thumb.jpg

Good going. I'll be impressed if it actually get the go-ahead.

Insurance hasn't been mentioned at all? Which you will need for the council to agree, and this is not cheap or easy to achieve. As for the 'online petition with over 40 people signing it' hahahaha petitions have been handed in with hundreds if not thousands of signatures around here and absolutely nothing has been done.

Good luck anyway.

Insurance hasn't been mentioned at all? Which you will need for the council to agree, and this is not cheap or easy to achieve. As for the 'online petition with over 40 people signing it' hahahaha petitions have been handed in with hundreds if not thousands of signatures around here and absolutely nothing has been done.

Yet at the same time, when we were bored a few years back, we spoke to one guy from the council (with 2 of us, and about 10 names down) and got some dirt jumps sorted in about a week

Just because it hasn't necessarily worked for you, it doesn't mean it won't happen for someone else. The likelihood may be low, but some councils actually give a shit about people and are willing to help

Admittedly we got about 50 tonnes of topsoil so it wasn't ideal, but if was far better than nothing until it rained!

Only 40 people signed the petition? that seems a bit.... small doesn't it?

thats local poeple who would regualaly come to the park though.

and check me out in mid air action :P

also about the insurance, the bloke who runs all the discovery is sorting that out somehow, im not involved with that bit though so i dont know the details

No offence or anything but you're gunna have to try real hard for anything to be built if it involves teens in the public title like that. There is such a stigma (maybe not in the UK but in Canada) about teens. As a teen you're really an outcast in society. Older people think you're a know it all punk, that you're always up to no good. And really, we've done it to ourselves. People will likely see it as another version of a skate park. I dont know about you guys but there is a lot of spray painting (which I think is cool, but others don't), under age smoking, dope smoking and even fights at the parks.

I really hope you guys can make it work but it might be hard. If it was geared towards a slightly older age group people may be more inclined. But who knows! This is the type of things that keeps kids away from drugs and fighting and stuff. I just hope if it gets built you dont have your park over run with wanna be riders and or wiggers/chavs

As a teen you're really an outcast in society.

Ha allright! Taking it to the extreme a bit. I understand the principle of what you are saying but not everyone blindly follows stereotypes like that (here atleast)

Anyway well done for getting it moving, won't be easy but you are doing a good job (Y)

Pgil

Good work for getting yourselves into the public eye. You'll have to let us all know if you manage to get it all sorted then perhaps we could arrange an organised session there.

• 2 years later...