Broken Wrist?

Caleb

Basically was in Ibiza last week and about 9 days ago was on a punch machine with mates just pissing about, i got the record so my brother tripped me on my next go = connection to metal bracket at funny angle.

My wrist still kills after using a worst support for a few days.

Last time i went to the hospital they told me i got boxers fracture and to leave it in "said"wrist support and it'll be fine.

having said that i now only have 3 visible knuckles on my right hand so dunno.

Will it be alright or should i get a book and go down to the hospital?

Basically was in Ibiza last week and about 9 days ago was on a punch machine with mates just pissing about, i got the record so my brother tripped me on my next go = connection to metal bracket at funny angle.

My wrist still kills after using a worst support for a few days.

Last time i went to the hospital they told me i got boxers fracture and to leave it in "said"wrist support and it'll be fine.

having said that i now only have 3 visible knuckles on my right hand so dunno.

Will it be alright or should i get a book and go down to the hospital?

Ive done that not on a machine though playing rugby lol , ive only got 3 visiable knuckles now, and like a lump half way up my hand above were my little knuckle should be. It will be REALLY weak, and once healed will do it again if you knock it wrong.

Hospital did same with me xray, then said nah nout wrong banged a support on. But ive been back since, and they have told me that there was a fracture from a long time ago there, that ive missed. So i'd say go back and get it checked.

if your still unsure grab a book, i suggest a long one or a few magazines and take a trip down to A&E

have you thought about going to your doctor/GP

they'll have all the notes about your first visit and i usually find that the best option for problems like that

I was very drunk and very mad one night, ended up punching a wall. Ended up with 2 fractured bones in my wrist. My hand swelt up quite bad. (pic for effect)

post-4061-1216212461_thumb.jpg

The bones i fractured still hurt when I knok them. Just go to A&E and get them to xray it.

The two I fractured have a orange line on, and the ring finger on my right hand, the knuckle isnt really there anymore lol

post-4061-1216212531_thumb.jpg

Bets me safe tham sorry!!!

I was very drunk and very mad one night, ended up punching a wall. Ended up with 2 fractured bones in my wrist. My hand swelt up quite bad. (pic for effect)

post-4061-1216212461_thumb.jpg

The bones i fractured still hurt when I knok them. Just go to A&E and get them to xray it.

The two I fractured have a orange line on, and the ring finger on my right hand, the knuckle isnt really there anymore lol

post-4061-1216212531_thumb.jpg

Bets me safe tham sorry!!!

That sounds and looks identical to what i did. My knuckles starting coming back ish

Just to clear up i very much doubt its a broken wrist and doubt my condition is worthy of a physio hehe.

ill wait it out, just hope it doesnt form back in the shape of a mushroom

It's just a phone call dude, explain everything to him etc. He's a great help.

No, it is true...

The bone over compensates and grows more bone around the break, so where you broke the bone, is stronger. The problem is though, it focuses stresses to the part just next to the new bone and breaks on the same bone are nearly always at this point.

Like a weld on a bike. You never see many broken welds. You do see many broken frames right on the edge of the weld...

Been in today waited an hour or two apperntly no brake etc just told me to take pain killers lol.

should of kept my dignity and drank it off heh heh

Alcohol slows your recovery rate. Ice 'n' Ibuprofen that shiiiiiiit.

And yeah, it's not really worth Si's time, bearing in mind at most it's going to be a small fracture of two little bones?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update, it appears after speaking to si the physio (who is a very nice guy by the way and spent a lot of his free time helping me free of charge) that i had a fractured scaphoid (diagnosed over the phone)

i went back to the hospital and told them id fallen on the initial injury (which was a lie) so that they would x-ray me again.

Any way to cut a long story short, the missed the initial fracture from 4 weeks ago, found the fracture a week ago which they told me was a fresh break, again it wasn't as i had made up the fact id fallen.

they put me in a temp cast for 3 days now im in a full cast for 4 weeks, then go back for x ray and depending on the outcome could leave me in a cast for another 4 - 8 weeks then maybe a pin in my wrist.

well done nhs >_<

Photo532.jpg

break by the cursor . . .

hand kinda looks like a spooky face too :rolleyes: