Echo Sl Range

JonMack

Quote from the Echobike design subpage:

"There is a very interesting question: why don't you make a carbon booster? The answer: Carbon is light but very flexible, think about the fishing pole. Booster is for limit the flex, so carbon is not for booster."

The answer is even more interesting than the question.

:lol::lol::lol:

I think that's the 3rd post I've read about the risk of ankles being ripped apart.

If my post was one of them, I wasn't thinking they'd kill your ankles in terms of them rubbing, I just meant that when cranks snap, you tend to f**k your ankles too.

Yep, I agree. But 170 is a happy medium, otherwise, he's going to produce 6 colours in 160, 170 and 175. Although I think 175 would be better than 170.

I know that this is obviously a taboo subject for trials riders, but maybe people need to start putting function ahead of fashion for the first time in a good few years? 175 cranks are really nice to ride with, so if Deng IS concerned about the amount of colours he'd have to stock, why not stock fewer colours? He's got a few colours in there that I can't really imagine being particularly big sellers. With the old anodised cranks, I only ever saw some of the coloured cranks being used on the Deng complete mock-up bikes as opposed to people actually buying them, presumably because they looked rancid. But yeah, basically, when the fact you "have" to have cranks in at least 6 colours at the expense of offering them in a range of potentially better lengths, people really need to start looking at their priorities.

I think that's the 3rd post I've read about the risk of ankles being ripped apart.

I really can't see how, the holes are tucked away, surely it's the shape and bend of the cranks which makes a crank that knackers ankles, an example is tensile with their very straight armed cranks. I'd more expect the edge of the "I-beam" construction of the cranks to cause more hassle than the holes.

The I-beam construction of the cranks is very clever. Exactly what Deng said about the fact theres no strength lost from drilling the holes is right. I also don't think a twisting force is going to affect the cranks, maybe on a long beam, but on a pair of cranks the twist must be so minimal over such a small width compared to the length.

Anyway, I'd be pretty sure if you bought the sl cranks you won't have a problem with them, the design is spot on as far as cranks go.

My old tensiles the I beam ones are 2 years + old now and they have always twisted

If you land a bit sideways they twist

If you land good but with you weight a bit off they twist

But I do still f**king love them

I just live with it and now I don’t really notice the twisting

and coloured cranks = :sick:

It also says echo are going to make a disk brake, would like to see this but from the picture it looks just like a hope..

that disc brake lever looks surprisingly similar to a hayes stroker lever...........

Unlike most company buy disc brake from others and put their logos on, we design a trials specific disc brake and make it ourselves in our own factory. copied from dengs site............ shame the design of the calliper is almost exactly the same as a hope...............................

good luck to deng with these new products. some nice work going on!!

ashley

That all looks a bit swish! It seems a good idea to bring the RB Style lever back into production because, from what i can remember, they were hot stuff... (Y)

I wonder how strong it will all be, though :ermm: . I know you can never tell how strong things are from just looking at them and Deng usually has his head screwed on these days, but i will be curious to see if the warranty is any different to the 'Non-SL' components.

Cheers,

Joe.

But because theyre \__/ shaped the majority of the weight will be where the pins are, so they will go upside down to how they are seen in that photo, meaning every time you get on you will have to spin the pedal round.

Yeah but pedal bearings on decent pedals don't spin freely, they're quite restrictive. You can put them at any angle and they'd stay like that. Even if they were top heavy.

Ahh ye I noticed them too, maybe they're something coming in the future, but for now from my price list and off the website the SL pedals are wellgo MG-1 with ti axle.

Yeah that's what they are. But notice that the weight in the price list is 340g. I'm pretty sure the Wellgo MG1 Ti's weigh in at 300g. Wonder where the 40 grams have gone?