Trials-forum Curb Competition 2008.

Dan6061

It's that time of year again! (eh LukeRainbird? :shifty:)

You should all know what to do, but for those who don't:

1. Video must be around a minute long. Not too much longer as it could get boring.

2. You can only ride a curb, like the ones outside your house or somewhere.

3. NO other objects allowed this time. It's a curb comp', not 'curb and brick/pallet'.

4. One rider per-video.

5. No using old videos, must be fresh clips.

6. Upload videos to YouTube/T-FTube, so that they can be embedded into a post for easier viewing on the forum.

7. No cheating in the voting polls!

As usual, everyone will get to vote. I think this year we'll have different classes. Mod, 24", and Stock. That way the 24" boys can't just shoot off, spin about, and win it easily. ;)

Entrants must be in for 25th November. That should give us time to get the car meet, etc out the way.

Once a few videos have been made, please PM me, and I will make the 'Trials-Forum Curb Competition Videos' topic, instead of having them all thrown into random pages in here.

I'll try and figure out what the prize will be. I think I forgot to send the Mars bars to the winners last time... (sorry!)

I think that's everything? Tell me if there's more rules, etc that I've missed out.

Cool, im hoping so much this will work properly this time, as in no videos doted around randomly on pages in this thread.

Id also like for people NOT to reply to peoples vids by quoting their post and duplicating the vid in the new post. It just makes things confusing!

Ive never made a curb vid (yes I called it a curb, thats how we talk in Glasgow :giggle: ) so Im going to try and bust out some moves ive not actually landed before for this vid. I just need to find a curb that has two sides to it...gives a better sense of balance to the rider im my opinion.

I take it it doesnt have to be the same curb in the whole vid?

Edited by Ross McArthur

For those that aren't familiar with the concept, a few tasters from yesteryear:

CI Trials:

Trials-Forum Video -> Full View • Download • Upload

Davetrials:

Todge:

I think the fact that I've enjoyed watching these vids more than most of the videos posted up here in the last few years really says something!

Actually, since you mention the composition of a 'good video', perhaps we could score the vids for riding, camera work and editing - each voter choses a winner in each category and the video with the highest total score at the end takes the title?

In my opinion, that's needlessly complicated, it'd be too hard to grasp for some people on here :) Just a nice, simple competition where only the riding is voted upon. Sounds good.

EDIT: AND if we did what you said, Jonny Jones would film himself doing a manual, edit it phenomenally and win the comp!

Edited by BenJohn-Hynes