Helmet Choice

sstein

Helmet choice  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of helmet do you prefer?

• Pisspot
    • XC lid
    • Other (?)
    • None (shame on you!)

I post a pic of my helmet because I've custom painted it.

As for my GU frame I like to put a personal detail on my stuff to get my own look.

Because there was a sushi on the back of the helmet I made a few Japanese style cherry flowers and wrote "bike trial(jitensha toraiaru)" in Japanese in the front. And also a little purple/gold pearl on that.

Myhelmet2.jpg

Myhelmet1.jpg

pisspots are horrible, uncomfy and nowhere as good fit as an xc helmet, not to mention xc helmets have more vents so in the summer is less irritating and lighter too.

giro E2 baby! but if you can try the helmet before you buy, i had a xen then found out the E2 fits my head better, just a matter of shape. giro aren't neccesary the best, but they do generally fit very well, like i said, everyone's different so best try out different helmets if you can.

steve

For trials it has to be XC style helmet all the way, I just personally think they look and feel better.

Only downside is that it does not have the same strength as a pisspot, which can take a few good knocks before you think about replacing, where a XC helmet is likely to need replacing after one good knock.

I use a roadie helmet, simply because I already have one from riding my racing bike. Theyre so light and comfortable you forget you're wearing them. Might not look as good as an xc lid with a peak, but I'm not too bothered about that really.

The one I'm using at the moment is a Met Estro, but I think I've managed to crack it :(