Canberratrials - End Of An Era (alex Markwart)

alexm

I've been riding the Koxx frame shown in this video for over 5 years. I love the bike despite how ill it makes others feel when they ride it. Unfortunately a crack in the headtube region, which occurred approx 18 months ago, has come to the point where it is of concern and I no longer feel entirely comfortable riding the frame.

I'm purchasing a new frame that should complement my riding style and any future media I generate will be on the new bike. Because of this I thought it was worth putting out a 30 second clip of me riding the Koxx. This was filmed last weekend.

Anyway, please stream or download (much better quality) from http://www.vimeo.com/2893599

Have a look at http://canberratrials.com if you want to look at a few photos I like of other people I know. I hope to be adding to this in the not too distant future.

Thanks for all of the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much for what it was. I will definitely try and make a full length video, but don't hold your breath. I do also aim to put out some more shorter videos if I feel the riding/filming isn't worthy of a full length web video.

The song I used was by the Crookers, titled Embrace the Martian.

I believe the Koxx is a MkII - the first of the frames with the big black sticker (after the first frame with green stickers). My new frame is going to be a second hand BT 8.0. I think I'll like the BB rise because I struggle to lift the front end on my current bike.