Be Part Of The Biggest Trials Street Ride

JackMeek

hey with i could of done more. sorry man.

dont worry mate, getting a new lever off ebay :) will be riding next time, and i wont have a 360 with me lol

there was a few people who helped actualy so thanks to you all

Who was there when that bloke locked himself out of that London College after telling us to get lost?

No, jumper, no phone, no one to let him back in.

DSC_0581.jpg

mwaaahhaahhaa he thought he had me but i got away :shifty:

what did the cops do when i belted it away?

beast of a ride. so many people. good atmosphere, really nice friendly people and top job for those who had a travel from overseas! (you know who you are).

steve (orange 26" dob, the only surviving one)

That's a pretty sweet bike you have. I was the Irish guy with the Simtra who didn't puncture your front tube (Y)

Best part, Jennings out witting the old bill.

Police - "You can only take photos, no videos!"

Charlie - "Is 24 pictures a second okay?"

Police - "Errrmm??"

I've been laughing at that for the last 20 minutes straight, some funny sh*t.

Again, Jack you're a legend for organising this. It was so cool to see some of the top names just killing it (what it is I don't know :blink: )

I would definately go to more events like this even though I only got home a 8 a.m. this morning and only got 40 minutes sleep on the bus to the airport (N)

John, the Irish rider on a grey Simtra :P

I love jack meek forever

beasty riders for me were

pierre-charles (the mental belgium rider on the ozonys)

danny "god" mac

kenny and vincent

porter

sam "power and smoothness" oliver

rowan "brakeless" johns

andrei "uci style" burton

tom "balance" rankin

chai

kiki

matt "belaey killer" arkwright

phatmike

ali c

joe hodges and the the other unicycle guy

and alot of other I forgot

and I met a lot of sound guy:

tall rob

kiki

joe maher

joel

sam oliver

the guy who was following sam and his brother( his father?)

and alot of other I forgot

thaks jack and everyone else, that was something I will never forget

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

mwaaahhaahhaa he thought he had me but i got away :shifty:

what did the cops do when i belted it away?

lol. She couldn't handle it by herself (jogging) so she called for backup who made some attempt at chasing you... Then apparently we were all told to stay put, but we just walked off too.

That guy was a cock. Seriously. You cant steal peoples bags then call the police. haha Bessell's comments made me laugh "She cant possibly chase you!" hahahaha

I had a good but frustrating ride.

It was ace to see all my old friends and meet new ones and also to ride places I have seen in dozens of videos. It was just strange being in London and seeing all the famous buildings and such (never seen the London Eye for example).

I was very frustrated though, my ankle was killing me throughout the whole ride. I saw so many things I wanted to try but was scared of jumping off and hurting myself some more (turns out I have torn my ATFL again!).

It was worth the trip, but I think the next big ride should be on some natural somewhere;)

Hi guys i am so happy you all enjoyed it. I felt gutted for slinger and his bike. It was not fair much too early in the day. I hope he is ok.

Thanks very much for your thanks and gratitude.

I had managed to get the bbc there in the morning to cover it and we did some clips. They had left and then something stranged happen when left with the footage.

They rang up and said becuase it was not run by the local council this meant the ride was illegal so the footage they got was illegal and they could not broadcast it.

Ha Ha Ha well that is very weak excuse coming from them. That means that if there was a murder and they filmed the crime scene, which is very illegal compared to riding they would not be able to broad cast it.

But dont fret and feel like they are annouying for doing that. Do somthing positive about it and if you took pictures Send them to the bbc emails . If you all send them they might take a second look on the matter. http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ifs/hi/new...500/4000545.stm

By post

BBC News website

Room 7540

BBC Television Centre

Wood Lane

London

W12 7RJ

If you do decide to try and send them your photos do leave a positive message about how good your day was.

was a pretty cool day.

pretty social as expected (the southbank patrolwere funny as f**k !!) but got a little riding done.

the main points of my day were -

1. mistaking lazenby for swindlehurst (mega lol)

2. seeing arkwright out sidehop belaey.

3. The megaskill show.

4. Lots of old friends

5. kenny trying to hook a 7ft thing with skateboard. and seeing him ride some street (he has styleeeeeee)

6. more megaskill

7. the police

8. getting some film.

9. getting interviewed ?!?

10. knocking kenny off his bike (kinda his fault).

RJ

ha, would love to have seen that lol

Edited by Dan-Walker

That was super fun. Felt like i didn't do enough riding but definitely enjoyed watching everyone else.

Thanks Jack!

[edit]

Who was that guy floating about on the bmx with really really wide bars? He was always about with trials riders so i presume he's from here? I think he was with Fat Pants who was also on a bmx, or he certainly looked like Fat Pants but then i saw that blue Lesson mod about, so f**k knows.

And enlarge that pic of that guy. Damn he looks scarily paedophileish. He didn't seem to anything but stand around, didn't realise he got locked out. :lol:

Haha that was my mate Dermott he does ride trials but i had his back brake. Were you on a black and gold DMR because that was hellah nice. such a good ride guys nice to meet some new people and see some sick riding.

Blake

I just remembered my other funny event of the day, There was Me, Phil Verley, Charlie Jennings, Danny Swindlehurst and Tarty Adam standing talking and I remembered Charlie had told me to take of my Tarty Stickers because they where gay.

Dan Burgess: Soo Charlie why again should I take these Tarty stickers off my bike

Charlie Jennings: I didnt mean take them off you just put them in a gay place.

Tarty Adam: So your calling me gay? ( He had the stickers in the same place as me)

Funny shit.

Papa Manual that would be.

Mega thanks goes to Simps for letting me crash at his, kev for driving me down, Matt Orr for navigating, jack for organising and everyone else who made my weekend one i will never forget. (or ever be allowed to forget either with photo-evidence.)

But dont fret and feel like they are annouying for doing that. Do somthing positive about it and if you took pictures Send them to the bbc emails . If you all send them they might take a second look on the matter. http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ifs/hi/new...500/4000545.stm

If you do decide to try and send them your photos do leave a positive message about how good your day was.

cool man, laws a weird one :S sent a message, hope it gets read. Still just amazed at the turn out from this event and thinking that it gives the trials community major leverage if we were to apply to London councils on getting facility for our sport.

Haha that was my mate Dermott he does ride trials but i had his back brake. Were you on a black and gold DMR because that was hellah nice. such a good ride guys nice to meet some new people and see some sick riding.

Nah not me. I just wondered as i spoke to him just before i left at Jubilee Gardens at dark.

Cheers for a good one guys :).

I so hope someone filmed you. I was one of the first South Bank too yet i missed it :(

Some mobile phone photos and videos here - there's one 5:30 video with Kenny Belaey and DannyMac swapping bikes, Rowan Johns nailing a brakeless sidehop to manual and loads of other random stuff - enjoy :)...

http://www.skynet.ie/~ceason/photos/20090301_LondonRide/

Edited by psycholist