Road Cycling

davey1991

Aright ive been looking to get a single speed road bike or fixie for ages just found out my company do cycle to work scheme so was thinking about the new NS bikes Analog.

CHECK IT OUT

Whats you thoughts on it i like the idea of having a really solid frame and ehh bright green rims?

49758.jpg

Aright ive been looking to get a single speed road bike or fixie for ages just found out my company do cycle to work scheme so was thinking about the new NS bikes Analog.

CHECK IT OUT

Whats you thoughts on it i like the idea of having a really solid frame and ehh bright green rims?

49758.jpg

If it wasn't fixed i'd love it.

I've always wanted a road bike for bombing around country lanes at the weekends for a bit of time out on my own.

I'm thinking of getting this;

http://www.evanscycl...d-bike-ec019545

Worth it?

Specialized is always a good shout, for the money you'll be getting a good little bike, it wont limit you unless your trying to be a pro racer.

Decided to split my bike, so the wheels are going first: 1st gen Shamal wheelset, recently serviced and runnign absolutely perfectly. Brake wear on the rim is extremely light, as these wheels have only ever been used on a TT bike. The wheels come with brand new (never ridden on!) continental sprinter 22mm tubs, and prolite valve extenders (which cost £70) Also comes with a campagnolo record 8 speed aluminium cassette, with virtually no wear (which cost £160 new) I'm asking £250ono for the complete wheelset, and I can deliver anywhere in zone1 at any time on Sunday. Cash on collection.

4746614771_6126860738_b.jpg

4747255446_77b118ce15_b.jpg

4746615695_a8b518fc2a_b.jpg

4746615289_eb6191978e_b.jpg

4746616287_d084296f8a_b.jpg

Please excuse the dirt on the sensor of my camera, and the fingerprints on the rims. I'll clean them before delivery!

• 2 weeks later...

i was worried about that, but when i sit on the seat and touch the floor i'm on the balls of my feet, which is not to bad, its only for a bit of fun and fitness nothing serious, hopefully it'll do the job

It might be to low then... when the pedal is down your leg should be almost straight (but not so it is locked out), getting your saddle position right will make a massive difference to comfort/performance and be much easier on your knees - even if it is only for a bit of fun. There are some good videos on the internet (Click) about setting up your riding position correctly.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I want something to hoon around uni on and to get me back and forth, and ive always wanted to give this fixie/single speed thing ago, can any of you guys point me in right direction?

ive seen create bikes, i dunno if there any good, but for £250 they cant be bad?

http://www.createbikes.com/

Edited by Davetrials

Thats what i'm riding, that photo's a bit bad.

DSC00006.jpg

There you go better picture with the fat saddle..

This i spart way through becoming a cafe racer.

2 tins of hammerite, alot of boredom and some nice new bars has made something awesome.

The paint could only be worse if i'd licked it onto the frame.

Photos to follow when i finish it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got a road bike! Bit the bullet and bought one to get fit and I'm craving the speed. Anyway, what the he'll do I wear out on it without looking too keen? I'm going to invest in a new helmet as a piss-pot would look silly, I've got pedal straps so can get away with trainers until I get well into it, but what do I wear on my legs? I'm not sure I'm man enough to wear Lycra yet.

I've just got a road bike! Bit the bullet and bought one to get fit and I'm craving the speed. Anyway, what the he'll do I wear out on it without looking too keen? I'm going to invest in a new helmet as a piss-pot would look silly, I've got pedal straps so can get away with trainers until I get well into it, but what do I wear on my legs? I'm not sure I'm man enough to wear Lycra yet.

Nothing can make you feel manlier...

But in all seriousness, if you're doing more than 10 miles it's worth wearing some decent lycra shorts even if it's just under some normal shorts.

I may have to invest in some then. After spending a good hour setting the bike up to fit me, I've just been for a very quick blast and I love it. Over taking cars haha. Next on the shopping list is some gloves, helmet, shorts and maybe some sort of top :) it took some getting used to riding with my feet strapped in!

I may have to invest in some then. After spending a good hour setting the bike up to fit me, I've just been for a very quick blast and I love it. Over taking cars haha. Next on the shopping list is some gloves, helmet, shorts and maybe some sort of top :) it took some getting used to riding with my feet strapped in!

A good helmet is a must - I know it's 'only' riding on a road, but from experience when you hit the tarmac at speed (down hill) it can be pretty nasty, I've done more damage on a road bike than I ever have riding off road - broken teeth, lots of stitches/road rash etc... without a helmet it could all be so much worse!

Lycra feels stupid at first but it makes a big difference, DHB Earnley shorts & jerseys are pretty good and not to pricey - alternatively you can buy padded under shorts to wear under baggys.

You will get addicted to it eventually!