Road Cycling

davey1991

Doing shit? Like f**k! Our target is 13 grand and we're smashing 20 most weeks? Selling countless 1 grand+ bikes...

And there's no way you know the extent of my knowledge.

To be fair, they're affluent customers, and if you're selling £1k+ bikes then £13k isn't much? In Waterloo Evans we used to dominate that. But yeah, I mean, if you're selling a bike, then it's all too easy to get the £100+ of accessories too (Lights, helmet, lock), so it shouldn't really be much of a hassle to clear £13k. I think in 4 shifts at Evans before I left I sold 4-5 bikes worth over £500 (with £100+ accessories with each), and sold a load of other locks, lights, helmets and clothing to other customers.

Good to read some Classic FP anyway :P

I went to do some wheelies and skids last night at whites row, not only was Taliban Tom there, so was Super Ted, Julio, a couple of other fixed gear londoners, was epic, they pull 180s without thought. Taliban Tom did pretty much a g turn brakeless on his bmx.

Then, i went to the brick lane bagel shop, best shop ever.

I went to do some wheelies and skids last night at whites row, not only was Taliban Tom there, so was Super Ted, Julio, a couple of other fixed gear londoners, was epic, they pull 180s without thought. Taliban Tom did pretty much a g turn brakeless on his bmx.

Fixies + tricks = GTFO

Doing shit? Like f**k! Our target is 13 grand and we're smashing 20 most weeks? Selling countless 1 grand+ bikes...

And there's no way you know the extent of my knowledge.

f**k what your target is Grahame Keith doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to cycles. Your real competition is Evans around the corner, and just just by walking into Evans i could instantly see that it is the better of the two. Last time i checked st Pauls there was no real layout or organization of the bikes, it was wayyy to overcrowded and customers bikes were stored on the shop floor =/

So yeah, your doing shit. Oh and not to mention most of your stock being moved to old kent road?

f**k what your target is Grahame Keith doesn't know his arse from his elbow

So true.. We now have no undertrays, all the stock has to be put out, along with any boxed bike with a picture on the box, our shop floor looks like a jumble sale.

You almost got to see me again. I'd been out riding with Tom, and Ted's selling a Charge complete rear wheel that I was supposed to be coming and checking out. Couldn't really be bothered at the time though, so I gave it a miss. Tom's got G-turns dialled usually, weird he didn't do one properly then. He was trying to teach me them once, actually helped me get a few. The dude's a hero. For the record: Ted's place is f**king sweet, pity they've gotta move.

Mark, i will be out lots soon, getting a Fit TRL 2 on friday, so i will most probably be seshing the banks often, after work etc. You still around London all the time? Why do FGL have to move? And are you talking about where they sort all the bikes n stuff?

I can imagine it's full of full on sexy bikes...

Ted and his friends (Think it's the FGL dudes, there's like 4 of them there) made themselves a living space inside a warehouse room thing. It's nuts - full on bedrooms (and portable shower room) made out of wood. There's also his welding stuff, a hench lathe, approximately 24,976 bikes and generally a load of people. It's pretty rad, but they've got to move out of there 'cos I think the landlord wasn't keen on them using that much electricity and stuff. It was supposed to be a storage space, so if they're using it as a living space it's costing him more. AAAAAAAaanyway, they've gotta go from there, from what I've heard.

Still in London full time (Y)