Stop The Presses!

Papa Manual

The government is bringing in legislation that deems all homophobic jokes to be illegal. Other than the fact they have far better things to worry about at the mo, isn't this a bit overkill? I'm not going to do a Noel Edmunds and be all "It's Britain gone maaaaaaaaaaaad" but I think it's kinda stupid.

I have to say, hand on heart, I find a fair few racist/homophobic/sexist jokes funny in the right setting; jokes about disabled people, Irish guys, black guys, queens, Muslims, people in wheelchairs, abortion, rape, blah. Nothing *too bad*, but just 'light-hearted' humour and never in situation in which I judge that offense might be taken. Nothing wrong with that, right?

To me it just seems like an inadvertent (but obvious) effect of this is that the government is upping the naughty factor. Gay jokes will be all the rage. I mean, everyone fears repercussion or reprisal when telling a racist joke at work or school, and not getting caught or told off just enhances the delivery.

So will this bullshit mean that Little Britain is out the window? Half their jokes are homo-related. Surely if it's a gay guy cracking a gay joke or saying faggot/ass-bandit/sausage jockey or lays on a bit of homosexual innuendo, then it's cool, no? If not, hopefully Graham Norton will f**k off. Guy grinds my gears.

:P

Are they going to have GayPolice? (As in a special unit, not filling quotas... Actually, are we allowed to call them a 'special' unit any more, or will we get f**ked over for that? Shit, I said 'f**ked over', guess I'll get put away for that too?) It's all going another step towards a total nanny state, and it's absurd

Are they going to have GayPolice? (As in a special unit, not filling quotas... Actually, are we allowed to call them a 'special' unit any more, or will we get f**ked over for that? Shit, I said 'f**ked over', guess I'll get put away for that too?) It's all going another step towards a total nanny state, and it's absurd

Well f**k me with a truncheon and call me Julian. It's absolutely ridiculous I tell you!

Edited by //JD

Dont even joke, I got a night in a cell and 80 quid fine the other day for swearing in front of a police officer after i asked him to calm some guy mouthing off at my missus because she wouldn't let him push infront of her in a queue :S ( and trying to kick off with me, which i would have oblidged as he was being such a nob but there was a police man 10feet away) on a night out last Monday. the copper got right in my face and shouted no mate its you needs to calm down. so i turned round and said 'for f**k sake' and he arrested me lol. cock. wouldn't have minded too much until he wrote down drunk and disorderly and I was completely sober...

Edited by chrishayton

Our government reminds me of Nazism.

Bloody hell, it's like we're trying to reinact Hitler's reign of power all over again.

mel·o·dra·mat·ic (ml-dr-mtk)

adj.

1. Having the excitement and emotional appeal of melodrama: "a melodramatic account of two perilous days spent among the planters" Frank O. Gatell.

2. Exaggeratedly emotional or sentimental; histrionic: "Accuse me, if you will, of melodramatic embroidery" Erskine Childers.

3. Characterized by false pathos and sentiment.

Our government reminds me of Nazism.

Bloody hell, it's like we're trying to reinact Hitler's reign of power all over again.

Yeah, i heard Hitler was very anti Gay jokes....wouldn't have let anyone say a bad word about them...same with Jews i hear, loved them too.

Edited by Iain C

I'm not stupid. I mean, the simplist joke is considered to be wrong. Everything's bloody wrong.

Fork this. I'm moving to Australia.

Nah, I know you're not. I saw what you were trying to do. I'm just feeling obnoxious and in some kind of twilight zone between drunk and hungover.

Just very anti-gay.

And anti-jew.

And anti-communist.

Anti-foreigners.

Anti-anything not good and british

Germans are OK, they build good shit.

Sounds grand to me.

Roll on facist england B)

Racist jokes make up a good 40% of my spoken communication, they CAN'T be made illegal!

Nah, I know you're not. I saw what you were trying to do. I'm just feeling obnoxious and in some kind of twilight zone between drunk and hungover.

It's true though, for God's sake, if you don't like being called Gay, don't show you're Gay, I don't get offended by someone calling me straight, do I? Infact, I'm going to take this to the 10 Downing Street, if we're not allowed to call Gay's Gay, they're not allowed to call Straight people Straight, fair, right?! This is why the jokes on the back of Penguin chocolate bars are so crap, no one can laugh at anything anymore.

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith (:

This is why the jokes on the back of Penguin chocolate bars are so crap, no one can laugh at anything anymore.

Me and my friend were loling at what would happen if someone snuck in and wrote a load of racist/otherwise offensive jokes on the back of the penguins.

When someone calls you straight though, it's not intended to be offensive, a lot of the time when you call someone a faggot, or a fudgepacker, or a fairy cake, it is kinda meant to be offensive.