Overdrawn Charges?

Ducko

good eve'

i went overdrawn last month just before pay day thing 5 days before,

anyway the filthy mothers at the bank have charged me 105 pound!!

ive heard this is illegal for banks too do so is this correct?

just dont want the theifing gets' to have 105 quid of my money its rediculous!

cheers boisss

Strangely enough, I've been overdrawn on one card, without being charged, when the card won't allow me to be overdrawn, and I've been overdrawn on another and managed to pay it back without being charged.

:P

It's 67 quid for halifax though, that they make you pay.

Edited by Bruce Lee

Good shout :P But yeah, I literally went £4 overdrawn for less than an hour and they charged me £20 for using an unauthorised overdraft (That I shouldn't have been able to use, because I have a debit account with no overdraft so they should make my card decline when I'm trying to pay for something I can't afford), and then an additional £30 for making a payment that meant I had to use an unauthorised overdraft. Bunch o' twats.

lol my bank used to kill me for going over my overdraft with a payment, then also hit me with a declined payment charge! at 30 quid a pop its not very nice! im dreading looking at my account at the mo, ive left it with shitloads of charges building up and loan payments bouncing since december, when the job centre stopped my job seekers payment...

not a good time for the banks too be such c**ts when alot of people are struggling and head bankers are swimming in funds! i wish aid's upon them for contributing to ruining many peoples lives :)

Abbey stiffed me for £50 for going £4 overdrawn on a debit account I'm not able to go overdrawn on, so I wouldn't give them your custom either ;)

Good shout :P But yeah, I literally went £4 overdrawn for less than an hour and they charged me £20 for using an unauthorised overdraft (That I shouldn't have been able to use, because I have a debit account with no overdraft so they should make my card decline when I'm trying to pay for something I can't afford), and then an additional £30 for making a payment that meant I had to use an unauthorised overdraft. Bunch o' twats.

Same happened to me. Last time i called my bank i said "I don't want any kind of overdraft" and the woman said yeah there's a note next to your account saying 'no lending'.

2 weeks later, £25 fine for going overdrawn.

i went overdrawn last month just before pay day thing 5 days before,

anyway the filthy mothers at the bank have charged me 105 pound!!

I would go in there and ask why its £105. For 5 days, that sounds like an unsually high amount.

Normally, its £35 for a letter or whatever, and £5 days thereafter or something similar.

Edit - Also it may all change soon, as the final court case should be settled soon, which looks like its going to result in fees having to be paid back. If the banks loose this time (already lost the case 2-3 times and appealed) they cannot appeal again.

Edited by that NBR dude

i been nailed 4 weeks in a row going over as little as 10p, THATS RIGHT 10p!

£25 is the charge, thats with hsbc, might be time to get a overdraft?

anyone know weather its really worth getting a loan or not?

i only have a part time job doing 10-15 hours a week on 4.88.

edit wanted like 1000-1500 ish

Edited by Tylerlovesalex

It used to be illegal through some loophole or other, but they changed the way they word the charges so it's now all ok.

I've had no end of £30 charges, and got 80% of them back by going and asking at the bank, giving them a sad story and/or making out it was 100% their fault. Need to write a couple of strongly worded letters actually, i could be on for another £50 back :lol:

anyone know weather its really worth getting a loan or not?

i only have a part time job doing 10-15 hours a week on 4.88.

edit wanted like 1000-1500 ish

Aside from it being a really stupid idea, they'd probably laugh you all the way out the door at a bank...

In England I don't think it's illegal, but can be proved unfair/unreasonable in court depending on the circumstances and then refunded. Just go in at lunchtime when there's load of people and cause a scene if you don't get your own way.

sounds like a good idea!

i can see it now

' give me my god damn money!'

'erm no sir'

' ill shit in your bank i not joking money man!'

'ha sure thing kid ha'

*drops pants*

BOOOM! turd hits him in the face!

then it'll be worth the money ha!

Halifax charge you 35 quid for a transaction over your overdraft. I did this one day before payday without realising, bought lunch at 2 shops then food on way home then something else i needed twice more, with a grand total of like 10 quid, cost me 105 quid as they are allowed to charge you for the 3 times over the overdraft.

I didn't get it back and they are complete bastards about it.

You get it back once, as a "goodwill" gesture, anything after that and you are f**ked.