Uefa Champions League - Barcelona Vs Chelsea.

Otacon

First game was 0-0 wasnt it?
No, it was 1-0 to chelsea on the first leg. this is why im confused about the 1-1 aggregate on last night's second leg instead of 2-1 :S Football is a funny old game. Edited by Rusevelt

No, it was 1-0 to chelsea on the first leg. this is why im confused about the 1-1 aggregate on last night's second leg instead of 2-1 :S Football is a funny old game.

No. It was 0-0 on the first leg. Feel free to prove me wrong.

The away goal rule is just something that's done to add a little bit more attack from the away team, knowing that if it ends in a scored draw on aggregate they win the tie.

No, it was 1-0 to chelsea on the first leg. this is why im confused about the 1-1 aggregate on last night's second leg instead of 2-1 :S Football is a funny old game.

no it was definitely 0-0 in barcelona, hence barcelona go through on away goals 1-1.

The thing about liverpool's squad is that it's the best its been for years. You mention Benayoun as being meh but its not like he is used all the timeand he's done a great this job in the role he has been asked to play (a bit like Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs are a bit meh but vital part of the squad). There's more then just Torres and Gerrard though isn't there? Alonso has probably been the player of the season, thank god the Barry thing fell through. To name a few othes Mascherano, Skrtel, Carragher, Arbeloa have all have massive seasons. "For sure" (to quote rafa some more) the squad doesn't have the same depth of "quaaaaaality" (and again) that United's does but look how far away Liverpool are/were away from the league. If the yank investors give rafa the backing and some money to spend on some quality additions, next year we will get even closer.

As for the criticism of the united fans, it was more the fact that you only hear from certain types of them when 1) They beat Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal 2) It comes to the point of the season when the trophies are handed out 3) They score 3 goals in a game. It just irritates me, I don't see how people can support a team part time? My main problem is the fact that 70-80% of United fans that gob off haven't even set foot in old trafford. They talk about supporting their club, how? By buying a replica shirt every once in a while at the most?

Yeah you're definately right. Every broadcasting media (TV, Papers, Internet) are wrong. You should phone them up all individually and let them know.

Drogba is a joke, even all the commentators on TV says he's a cheater and they don't often say that incase they're wrong.

One that stands out is against Liverpool when drogba went down but he was over the line so the game could go on, he kept looking up to see what was going on and decided to roll onto the pitch so they had to stop the game.

What a fanny.

I missed the game last night but it sounds like it was about time Chelsea didn't win through cheating. Drogba just lets the whole team down, the sooner they get rid of him the better the squad will get.

Liverpool only have half a good team, the other half are rubbish or just average, but they manage to play well as a team and get good results. The team does need strengthening a lot though. David Villa cough cough.

If Barca had a bad game yesterday, that's all it was. They have a real quality team and don't forget they scores 4 goals in the 1st half against Bayern Munich. Manchester Utd are going to have a tough one. Even the way Man U are playing I've seen them slip up to much this season and I think barca will have them. Without the constant stopping from the chelsea diving they might get into it better.

no it was definitely 0-0 in barcelona, hence barcelona go through on away goals 1-1.
Yeah your right rowan, my mistake. i must have been thinking about the one chance that chelsea had during the second half of the 1st leg when barcelona created so many chances but failed to score against a very defensive chelsea side. Edited by Rusevelt

Alonso has probably been the player of the season, thank god the Barry thing fell through. To name a few othes Mascherano, Skrtel, Carragher, Arbeloa have all have massive seasons. "For sure" (to quote rafa some more) the squad doesn't have the same depth of "quaaaaaality" (and again) that United's does but look how far away Liverpool are/were away from the league. If the yank investors give rafa the backing and some money to spend on some quality additions, next year we will get even closer.

Sorry, I totally forgot about Alonso - somehow. My flat-mate's pretty much obssessed with him, and he's always been a key player for them. Regarding Mascherano, if he learnt to actually control his temper and not pick up ridiculous yellow cards for absolutely nothing (Or indeed get himself sent off) like arguing with the officials when a decision's been made then he'd be a much, much better player. He just seems to lose his shit when it's not all going his way, but he does put the hours in in fairness. I'd agree too about Skrtel having had a pretty good season, but with Carragher he seems to just not be able to cut it at all sometimes. I don't just mean his surprisingly high scoring record in Spurs/Liverpool games, but just in other big games he's been caught out by not marking properly, etc. In fairness I suppose that's partially Rafa being insanely keen on zonal marking meaning people like Ivanovic casually wondering around the box at set-pieces and getting free headers. Equally, I'm more of a fan of Aurelio than Arbeloa, although that's largely down to the comedy of that free kick against Chelsea that he scored in the second leg... Either way, my point was that they just lack the quality you need to win the league, and although they did well to get where they are this year, I'm still not convinced.

One of the best points for Liverpool is Parry potentially doing one, seeing as a lot of the poorer transfer decisions that have blocked Rafa carrying out more of his own choices have come from Parry. With him out the way, maybe Rafa can buy players he wants, rather than being given those he doesn't?

David Villa cough cough.

Good player, wrong club to go to. Torres and Villa don't really work together too well.

Sorry, I totally forgot about Alonso - somehow. My flat-mate's pretty much obssessed with him, and he's always been a key player for them. Regarding Mascherano, if he learnt to actually control his temper and not pick up ridiculous yellow cards for absolutely nothing (Or indeed get himself sent off) like arguing with the officials when a decision's been made then he'd be a much, much better player. He just seems to lose his shit when it's not all going his way, but he does put the hours in in fairness. I'd agree too about Skrtel having had a pretty good season, but with Carragher he seems to just not be able to cut it at all sometimes. I don't just mean his surprisingly high scoring record in Spurs/Liverpool games, but just in other big games he's been caught out by not marking properly, etc. In fairness I suppose that's partially Rafa being insanely keen on zonal marking meaning people like Ivanovic casually wondering around the box at set-pieces and getting free headers. Equally, I'm more of a fan of Aurelio than Arbeloa, although that's largely down to the comedy of that free kick against Chelsea that he scored in the second leg... Either way, my point was that they just lack the quality you need to win the league, and although they did well to get where they are this year, I'm still not convinced.

One of the best points for Liverpool is Parry potentially doing one, seeing as a lot of the poorer transfer decisions that have blocked Rafa carrying out more of his own choices have come from Parry. With him out the way, maybe Rafa can buy players he wants, rather than being given those he doesn't?

My nickname in the pub I work at is Alonso... :) You're right about Mascherano's temprement, he does need to sort it. The thing is he is such a brilliant player 90% of the time, he's a real disrupter. Very similar to Viera's old role at Arsenal and I don't think he is much worse a player then he was at his peak. I don't understand the critism of Carragher though, the man is just a god. Your right about getting caught out occasionally (mainly due to his lack of pace) but how many goals has he saved just on his own? I don't think he gets half the credit he deserves. Aurelio is ok, he is too on/off for me and seems a little injury prone, he undoubtably has the ability though.

As for the Parry thing, alot of fans (including me) have been calling for his removal for some time. It may have been only this summer that Rafa publicised his own displeasure at the way he does things but many fans are not happy with his role in the americans original take over. Alot of fans see his shiney new (or not so new now) ferrari (that he got as part of the deal in which he convinced the shareholders to part with their money) and wonder if things like that were the only reason the Yanks own LFC now rather then DIC which originally came up with the idea and were willing to pump money into the club.

Personally I don't think the Yanks should leave. They are now just getting to grips with how this club should be run, getting rid of that clown Parry (i know it says he has left, but it's more likely a case of "you're sacked" "well im leaving then!"), signing Rafa to a new contract and holding up the new stadium are all good signs at the moment.

Wasn't it Villa and Torres up top that won spain the euro's?

No.

They both played for spain, but when they played together it didn't work so well. On their own though they were fantastic.

As for Kuyt, I love his work ethic. It's brilliant. However just because he works his arse off, he shouldn't be an automatic start. Work doesn't make up for natural talent at that posistion and that is one of the major posistions that i'd like to be adressed this off season.

Fina-f**king-lly. I'm fed up of people saying "Kuyt works so hard it makes him a great player." No, it doesn't. Just running around isn't what makes you good, otherwise I'm pretty sure Usain Bolt would be on the payroll of a top team by now. The guy's got poor shooting and control, so even though he can run a lot he doesn't really make the most of it. Compare that to another work-horse like, say, Tevez, and you can see the massive difference.

I think Kuyt does a great job and he's a good player. Yes he does work his socks off and cover a lot of ground which he gets commented on but he has a lot more. He does really well down the right wing and I think he has a lot of skill. He holds the ball up well and puts in a good cross aswell as scoring a fair amount of important goals. He does have some bad days but doesn't everyone.