24tour :: 21st - 30th August 2009

but have no idea where I'm going, meeting people or staying. I intend to arrive sometime Friday, probably early afternoon so I can get some riding in, then stay overnight and ride Saturday, leaving Saturday evening/night. Where's the best place to park and where can I stay overnight Friday - peoples houses/camp site/cheap B+B, anything will for a night.

You can stay at mine floor / tent or something. And give one of us a bell in the morning, our numbers were on the last thread, and im sure we can sort something out.

Just a warning to yoo all, my father may not be taking to him, and just ignore any stuff he says, he can be a bit old sometimes.

You can stay at mine floor / tent or something. And give one of us a bell in the morning, our numbers were on the last thread, and im sure we can sort something out.

Just a warning to yoo all, my father may not be taking to him, and just ignore any stuff he says, he can be a bit old sometimes.

Cool, thank you very much. Where's the best place to park the car when I get there tomorrow?

Just noticed the postcode you put up, is that your place, it looks quite a way from Southend (for a trials bike anyway)? Am I going to be better off heading for one of the train stations or the sea front, bear in mind I have no idea where I will be going and will be relying on the sat-nav so the more obvious you can make it the better :)

Edited by djb

Cool, thank you very much. Where's the best place to park the car when I get there tomorrow?

Just noticed the postcode you put up, is that your place, it looks quite a way from Southend (for a trials bike anyway)? Am I going to be better off heading for one of the train stations or the sea front, bear in mind I have no idea where I will be going and will be relying on the sat-nav so the more obvious you can make it the better :)

You driving? If so drive to my crib and we can sort it all 2morra, I'll be in at about midday. Only like a 15min from Southend and Bazvegas so its a good base.

You driving? If so drive to my crib and we can sort it all 2morra, I'll be in at about midday. Only like a 15min from Southend and Bazvegas so its a good base.

OK cool, sounds like a plan. I'll give you a shout if I get held up anywhere and can't make yours by mid-day. See you tomorrow, can't wait :)

EDIT: has anyone whos' comeing to Southend got any spare forks with V mounts for 24" wheels? mine are currently in a sorry state, usable but definitely on their way out.

Edited by djb

Have people actually sorted out where there sleeping?

There's enough of us to just get a premier inn/travel lodge and chip in each. least we get a shower and a room to sleep in.

yeh thats what im guessing, just chip in/let others sneak into to rooms=saving money+more fun trying=WIN

and showers are a must, imagine everyone not having a shower for the whole time, and then all walk into a pub together? :S

Just got home from what little of the tour I could manage. What an amazing two and a half days, thanks to everyone who encouraged me to send anything and land nothing lol, I've got some serious bruising coming out!!! Special thanks to Simpson and his uber friendly parents for putting me up for two nights, massive (Y)

I'm absolutely gutted I can't do the rest of the tour, I'm sure it's gonna be a barrel of laughs if yesterday and today are anything to go by. Enjoy it guys, can't wait for the video. Travel safe and ride hard.

Woken up and I'm pretty achey - but really enjoyed London yesterday. Met some really good people - some for the first time and some that I haven't seen in a very long time, so that was cool. It was great to see some creativity in the riding rather than just moving on to the next tap - even from those on 26" and 20" where pulling the moves :P Seems like I need to ride with some more 24" guys to be "Inspired" (pun intended) - it was a like a return to the old school!

Tour finished for me today, but what I did ride, I though was awesome, great to meet people. I have good memories as well. Its just a shame I couldn't finish the tour with everyone. The pub session on the Saturday night was epic, especially James and the Giant Bifta? lmao. I'll miss watching Simps smoke, untill he is back local of course. Would defiantly want to see another tour next year. I can't wait to see vids and pics. Hopefully ride with the people I met soon :turned:

Hop the rest of the tour goes well lads, I'm missing it already :(

Andy x