24tour :: 21st - 30th August 2009

Awesome stuff dude, glad to hear you'll be making it along. I assume that being on the Simtra you'll be keeping with 26" wheels? If that's the case I can't offer any wheels/tyres, but may be able to lend you a Mono M4 rear disc if nothing else pops up. Anything else needed? I've got a few spare drivetrain bits (cogs/tensioners) about the place etc so drop me a line (Y)

Good stuff dude - yeah sticking with 26" wheels. I've got a Hope M4 front brake now so I can use the BB7 on the rear, just need some longer cable. Drivetrain stuff would be cool mate, lemme know what you've got spare and I'll see what I can do :)

Little things like BB, and Headset are also required so if you've got any old beaten up headsets or whatever let me know!

Cheers matey :)

Mike, are you going all the way down to plymouth? if so, how are you getting back?

Not sure which parts I'm doing yet, obviously gotta sort out places to stay and transport so may well just get an open return on a train down the south coast (Brighton, Plymouth etc) and find really cheap rooms to crash in. Money is the major issue here to be honest, though I should have a little more spare next month if I've done my sums correctly!

Fair enough, I'll be going back to brighton from plymouth, but it's looking like I'll have to grab a train, if you think of any better alternatives, give me a shout.

Also, does anyone feel kind enough to let me sleep on their floor? I can offer long walks on the beach, moonlight serenades and probably a reach around.

Fair enough, I'll be going back to brighton from plymouth, but it's looking like I'll have to grab a train, if you think of any better alternatives, give me a shout.

Also, does anyone feel kind enough to let me sleep on their floor? I can offer long walks on the beach, moonlight serenades and probably a reach around.

There's barely any riders in Hastings, those that I do know of all ride dirt and don't drive so I think the train will be my only option :(

Luke do you know if any one who lives in southend is catching the train and sessioning london (not drivnig up to london)?

how the f**k would he know? You live in Southend and speak to all the riders. Its a 40min train, you can do it alone.

:S theres still loads of stuff i wanted to buy before the tour, I need a spare 24rim and spokes for sure, because my back wheel is about to go bang, guess i should start thinking about repairing my puncture and re-building my proII then

Just rebuilt mine, the wheels are now together, bike's all sprayed up bar graphics and ready to put back together over the next day or so when I get more time. Few things I'd like to get but can't afford!

Need to sort out what spares I need and get things together for the trip...