24tour :: 21st - 30th August 2009

Gotten hold of Charlie, good to go. Still need one more person to fill the car, who wants it?!

Just spotted this too:

In terms of parking in London. You can all (hopefully) park outside mine as i live in London - its free on my street and theres usually plenty of spaces. All the connecting roads are free etc so there should be no problem finding a space.

Its a short and cheap (£2) train ride to London Bridge then you're there, so thats 1 option..........

or, i'm fairly sure you can park on single yellows on a Saturday so you can all park actually on Waterloo Bridge crossing the Thames. I might even do that myself????

For those people with a full car then it's probably cheaper to park somewhere closer (£5 a day stylee) but for the rest then this looks good, get on it! (Y)

(London is on the Sunday though)

Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights - Stay at mine MWAHAHAHAHA

Monday morning drive to Reading

Rossy G offered me a bed aggges ago but I'll speak to him closer to the time to double check

Tuesday morning drive to Portsmouth.

Ride Portsmouth

then drive to Bristol Cribbs causeway and stay in a Travel in so I'm guaranteed a good nights sleep, and if you pre-book and split between 4 it costs nothing.

Wednesday ride Bristol.

This is where all my very very rough plans end.

Yeah, I'll be down for Reading and Portsmouth whichever way around they are.

So if possible a seat in a a car in between there and a place to kip would be good, or I can just get the train home after Reading/Pompey then get the train to Reading/Pompey in the morning.

Obviously would be happy to chip in fuel.

Was the fairest way to do it I'm afraid Nick. It was close all the way through so there were always going to be some people who would prefer the other option Still, it won't make a huge difference really and there's still the slim possibility it may change during the trip anyway

What's the deal with Travelodge? Is it one set price for the room or a price per person? If you walk into one and book a room for the night is it more expensive than if you book online in advance?

I'm really not that bothered about where I sleep but I think it might get to the stage where I end up so physically and mentally f**ked that I just want to sleep in a bed instead of a gutter. Ideally I don't want to have to book it now though.

What's the deal with Travelodge? Is it one set price for the room or a price per person? If you walk into one and book a room for the night is it more expensive than if you book online in advance?

I'll speak to you an John about it soon, but im thinking about booking a lodge in bristol so we can have 1 solid nights sleep, its £60 if we pre-book and will be considerably more if we just walk in praying our luck. £20 each doesn't sound bad, I'm happy to pay up front if you dont mind chipping in £20.

Depends on locations Premier inn's are from £50 depending on the night and you can generally turn up on the day and book, but you do run a risk of there being no space at the inn.

Yeah I know Luke fair is fair, not looking forward to the 400 mile drive to join everyone. Luke you best have a nice cold beer waiting for me :lol:

car space? :rolleyes:

Are you after space or offering? If you after, I have space, but only from Portsmouth to the end.

Are you after space or offering? If you after, I have space, but only from Portsmouth to the end.

Joel, if you're after car space i'm pretty sure you can dive in with me and Chris from Safe-end to Pompey (or all the way) there's only the two of us in there so far!