Marino Frames

sideburns(dnt ask)

Sorry if i seem a little slow to you guys. But just i understand properly i can use my visa electron on paypal, correct?

Sorry if i seem a little slow to you guys. But just i understand properly i can use my visa electron on paypal, correct?

Lionel-Richie_l.jpg

Once,

Twice,

Three times a spanner...

Yes. Just click the nearest thing, Visa or Visa debit, or electron option if there is one. I've done that before. In fact, my paypal is hooked up through my electron card.

Edited by Revolver

Right, as anyone who knows me can testify, having something longer than a couple of months gets boring! For a while now I've been considering a custom frame, from a Leeson a few years ago to a Marino about 12 months ago. All this talk's got me thinking yet again, and I've just spent the day summing up the pros and cons of it a little and still haven't managed to decide one way or the other!

So, people who've had steel street frames before, what's the dealio?

I've not had a steel trials frame before - how do they feel relative to alu rigs?

Current Marino frame owners, what are your thoughts on them? Did yours turn out as planned with regards to gemoetry and stuff. Cheers girls!

Right, as anyone who knows me can testify, having something longer than a couple of months gets boring! For a while now I've been considering a custom frame, from a Leeson a few years ago to a Marino about 12 months ago. All this talk's got me thinking yet again, and I've just spent the day summing up the pros and cons of it a little and still haven't managed to decide one way or the other!

So, people who've had steel street frames before, what's the dealio?

I've not had a steel trials frame before - how do they feel relative to alu rigs?

Current Marino frame owners, what are your thoughts on them? Did yours turn out as planned with regards to gemoetry and stuff. Cheers girls!

My frame isn't trials based but if you want my input I can give opinions?

My geo originally was pretty obscure, there was a bit of confusion with it between us, however he took me step by step through it and as soon as I noticed an issue he re-made it. When it arrived it was spot on.

Its really stiff there is hardly any flex on the whole frame.

There was a few hiccups in terms of my Headset but its been solved with hopefully a new frame on warrenty.

Marino is a really decent bloke, his english is limited but aslong as your clear with what you want it all works out just fine.

I need a wee bit of help on geometry. Im not quite sure i have not ridden a 24" trials bike and i dont know anyone who has one. So i would like some opinions please as i dont want to spec a frame then when i get it the thing ride absolutly rank! Thanks guys

Your going to get lots of opinions bender.

It's a shame you don't have the chance to try anyone elses bike to try it out.

Lots of people like inspired geo, lots of people like ET, you just have to try and think in your head how the bike will ride with a certain geometry.

I don't think I can help you any more than I have including my pm, so good luck choosing.

Why don't you post what geometry I gave you and see what people think.

Edited by Ross McArthur

To those of you who are considering one of these frames.

I've just received an email from Marino about combining shipping on frames and he's able to send frames in batches of 5 to lower costs. I'm not sure how much more likely this would make things to get through customs without paying additional charges, so if any of you know more about that please speak up, but he can do the following rates:

Standard shipping (4-6 weeks): $65 per frame or 5@ $160 ($32 shipping per frame)

Express shipping (1-2 weeks): $105 per frame or 5@ $330 ($66 shipping per frame)

I've been speaking to Scott (Bender) and he's 99% going to be buying one and is up for combining shipping if it's an option. Who else is considering buying one in the near future and may also be interested in this?

If enough people are then I'll speak to Marino and see what we can do, if no then no worries (Y)

Well anyone who is thinking about buying one i can highly recommend him,,, I received my two marinos yesterday ( arrived in one week ) really happy with the quality for the price, very fast shipping and an just generally a nice guy to deal with i even got a little peruvian souvenir!

Will post pictures up soon of my tgs 24" and i might put up for sale the other frame that has inspired geo if anyone is interested its in chocolate brown with green graphics...?