Police Officers On The Forum?

sideburns(dnt ask)

There's a guy on the forum under the name Mr Plod who is a PCSO I think. He sounds like he knows a bit about it, so it might be worth hitting him up for a bit of info. You might get more useful information anyway...

He aint a PCSO, he's british transport police... but yeah, hit him up! He obviously knows his stuff.

Actually, thinking of that... has anyone heard from him recently? I haven't heard f**k all in the past two or three months!

He's posted in the road bike thread recently i believe. He kinda disappeared after the thread about that guy stealing his own bike back when he said he was going to tell his boss :P

These days, I think you gotta have stuff on your CV like first aid skills, people skills, teamwork skills all shown, if not, they possibly won't even consider your application.

Also, in this current economic situation, I believe there are a fair few people considering jobs like this - Police/Fire Service etc.....so Loads of applications.

Two of my cousins applied to the same Fire Service job.....one has lots of first aid courses, nursing courses, cadets etc etc, and she works in fire service 'control', and she got invited to try out for the job etc. Other cousin has very little on his CV and they just put it aside, and didn't even bother with it.

Oh, and there were 12 positions and 6,500 applicants.

There's a guy on the forum under the name Mr Plod who is a PCSO I think. He sounds like he knows a bit about it, so it might be worth hitting him up for a bit of info. You might get more useful information anyway...

PCSO's are shit, he's not a PCSO, but for the record PCSO's are shit.

I know this, I have to deal with them every day....

These days, I think you gotta have stuff on your CV like first aid skills, people skills, teamwork skills all shown, if not, they possibly won't even consider your application.

Also, in this current economic situation, I believe there are a fair few people considering jobs like this - Police/Fire Service etc.....so Loads of applications.

Two of my cousins applied to the same Fire Service job.....one has lots of first aid courses, nursing courses, cadets etc etc, and she works in fire service 'control', and she got invited to try out for the job etc. Other cousin has very little on his CV and they just put it aside, and didn't even bother with it.

Oh, and there were 12 positions and 6,500 applicants.

Well im a trained first aider, corperal in the army cadets ect so hopefully that will help me out a bit. i'm just looking to see if i could get some input from an officer in a more casual way.

Peace

I've just joined as a SC as a way to see if I can cut is as a cop and hopefully get in as a regular.

Getting past the application stage is the easy bit. Basically, if you have some qualifications and can blab a bit about why you wanna join/why you're good enough etc then chances are you'll get called back to the police initiation recruitment test. If you can count and have a good grasp of the english language and grammar and that then you should pass the PIRT easily and then get called for an interview - that's the first tough bit.

The interview is all structured so brush up on the definitions of integrity, resiliance, race and diveristy etc.. you'll need to be able to give examples of how you've handled situations. In the interview keep PC and don't name names. I gained bonus points for talking of a well-known shoplifter but not mentioning their name. Also, if you don't know the answer, don't try blag it as because it's the police, they'd appreciate your honesty of saying "Sorry I cannot answer the question as I've never been in that situation" rather than listen to you try make up a scenario.

If you pass the interview then for regulars I think you have to go on to do a physical and medical, but as a SC I skip physical for some reason and medical was just eye-test and medical history.

Feel free to PM me bout it all if you want

I think it's is best if you are under 21 to apply to PCSO's first. That's what I was told to do. Also heard Police wouldn't actually take you on if you were under 21, just cause you can't say you have had much life experience, that's why they prefer over 21's atleast.

I'm no prude and don't mind people getting their tackle out on nights out but i don't need picturs being pm'd to me.

Pics or it didn't happen. :shifty:

I think it's is best if you are under 21 to apply to PCSO's first. That's what I was told to do. Also heard Police wouldn't actually take you on if you were under 21, just cause you can't say you have had much life experience, that's why they prefer over 21's atleast.

Sounds ridiculous if it is the way it works, for all they know you could be a complete recluse and therefore no life experience at all.

Sounds ridiculous if it is the way it works, for all they know you could be a complete recluse and therefore no life experience at all.

Hence those things called interviews? They don't just hire you cos your over 21 or anything you know.

Hence those things called interviews? They don't just hire you cos your over 21 or anything you know.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Got to - attend recruiting evenings - fill app in (if you manage to get one) - attend god knows how many interviews and tests, physical and mental.

Edit: that is off the top of my head, I believe there is more.

Edited by rocktrials