Finished Building My 24-7 Holroyd

MikeWarner

Just finished building this up. Just needs setup and fine tuning now. This is my first trials bike - I previously did trials in the early '90s on a GT Zaskar XC bike.

2475.jpg

2472.jpg

2473.jpg

2474.jpg

2471.jpg

Spec:

Frame - 24-7 Holroyd with horizonal rear dropouts at 116mm spacing.

Forks, stem and bar are Holroyds too

Wheels - Echo TR hubs, Trialtech Sport rims, Echo TR 16T sproket

Tyres: 2.4 Continental Rubber Queen, 2.2 Continental Mountain King Supersonic

Try-All cranks with Tensile 18T freewheel with Neon bashring

Brakes - Hope Mono Mini front with Gusset 180mm front disc, Magura rear with Echo lever and yellow pads

Gasset Slink halflink chain.

DMR V12 Mag pedals

Heya buddy!! That looks incredible!! get some nice high rise bars and it'l be perfect!!

Bet it weighs nothing with that spec, just be prepared for punctures haha, ive put my Tryall tyres back on in place of my Continentals, soo light but they are just way to thin :(

Get out riding Hedge End soon ;)

Edited by nathie wafie

I'll count the links and see if I can get away with a standard chain.

Anyway, I've got it all set up now and there are 3 issues. As pointed out above, the bars are too low. It feels very very strange. I'm going to have to sort this out. The grips are MBK foam and they squidgy too much and allows the hand to move around to much. I'm going to go for some rubber grips. Finally, the inside of the drive side crank hits the Magura, so I'm going to have to get a wider bottom bracket axle. oh well.....

Right - I'm ordering a slightly higher rise stem and some riser bars tomorrow.

I tried riding it against on Sunday and it was difficult to get the front up easily. Hopefully the higer front end will make a big difference. I', ordering some rubber grips too - the MBK ones I've got are terrible! Look like I'll be getting my 4th Tartybikes T-Shirt! lol.

That looks lush. im just finishing off building mine(brakes need to be put on). Absolutely loved mine when i had one when they first came out, building this up is making me giddy. Lovely bike, and with the new bar and stem should be sweet!