Contact - Reed Merchat

Davetrials

it's amazing how good leech was in this vid

he is the most modern rider at that time, ballsy, with big gaps, big side hops and pushing the manuals like a beast.

I remeber how :o I was the first time I saw his "drop gap" from the wall to the table...one of the first I ever see(you know the real drop gap, the one when you keep your legs bend during the gap) ;)

brings backs floods of memories! dunno if anyone agrees but trials will never be the same again, used to have a certain magic to it all....gone now :(

on a brighter note stratford is my old riding spot and was amazed when they had all the worlds best riders come along to film that! wish i was actually there at the time. i know every single spot in that bit of the video, never quite did ride it as well as them though

wish i could go back to them days, trials was an absolute passion of mine back then

There's a link in the 'best video' thread that i posted up.

Evolve

Last year i through my video player(not wroking) and tapes so if anyone has any of the others ie revolution and also - down, double down and third down online post the links cheers!!! :P

They come on DVD still, buy them.

thanks for the links - brings some memories back watching them....chili video still sell chainspotting on DVD I think

trials is miles more boring these days

this is cos back then you just had a general bike for all messing about/trials on....now it seems to be either 100% TGS or all 'street'. Look at Jeff Lenosky in Evolve - one bike for big street stuff and gaps...and the same bike for the hoppy stuff. Now everyones out measuring walls and stuff and stressing about their sidehop technique. What happened to just going out and having a laugh.

This is where it was at. That was my first Bikeshow I went too with the speed trials and US riders over, best Bikeshow ever. Shame the Bikeshow is now extinct it was the excitement of the year as well as NASS which is not the same anymore either :( Still some lines what are impressive now 8 years down the line in Contact too... Just shows they were really on there game back then.