Tyre Preasure

Mr Bob

Hi, ive been struggling getting the right psi for a while, i ride a stock and just want to know

what preassure do you run in your; 1.front tube 2. rear tube 3. bike you ride e.g mod

cheers josh.

Edited by Mr Bob

woooww! Nice question..

I use to ride more low in natural..... 1,5 Kilos..rear 2 kilos front..

In Street: 2 Kilos in both tubes because you don't need to much grip in tarmac and edges use to be more sharp

Excuse for units....... Kg / Cm2

Edited by 315r

woooww! Nice question..

I use to ride more low in natural..... 1,5 Kilos..rear 2 kilos front..

In Street: 2 Kilos in both tubes because you don't need to much grip in tarmac and edges use to be more sharp

Excuse for units....... Kg / Cm2

On the rocks you need moooore than 1,5kg of air preasure...

I have a stone on the rear wheel when I riding natural...

On the rocks you need moooore than 1,5kg of air preasure...

I have a stone on the rear wheel when I riding natural...

Are you sure??? :mellow:

Maybe my level it's too low, but in natural I need less presure.... for sure..

I've got about 25 psi in the front tyre (2.1" Maxxis Advantage on Echo rim, standard 26" tube) and 22 psi in the back wheel (Conti Rubber Queen 2.4" on another Echo rim with DH tube - the tyre is so big it rubs the inside of my Echo Control frame slightly - never happened with the 2.5" Minion I had before). The back tyre squirms like a basturd on the back wheel on side slopes, but its so bouncy I can hop the bike up steps forwards on the back wheel like a pogo stick without pedal kicks. I weigh somewhere around 90kg but don't do anything really big. No pinch flats on this setup either, riding a mix of street and natural (Mostly street though)...

25 psi mountain king 2.1 front, 22-25 psi 2.4 rubber queen rear for me, weigh 75kg or there abouts. Superlight front tube and standard rear tube, not had any pinches but then I dont really go big and try to ride smooth. Any less in the rubber queen and it just folds on uneven surfaces, as it is I still get plenty of bounce and grip but reasonable stability.

i personally use a kurb to get my psi right hopping to kerb landin right on corner and front tyre, making sure it doesnt rim out i find it gives me a nice allround pressure tested it at 19 psi rear and bout 16 psi front