Mtb Pics Thread

haydon_peter

Twombolts? Why, maybe its just me but i really do not like them. Get royals or good old profiles!

Looks awesome i really like it, one of my favorite bikes on here, but please tilt your bars back it isn't a trials bike.

profiles flex too much, and royals... meh :P the bars are further back now :) & cheers im really pleased with it, but will look way better in black

raw is sexy, but the clear coat doesnt stick too the frame very well. plus i thought everythng black with orangge rims would look cool

Hmmmm. I'd go for less orange and more black, more stealth look but it will look good either way, i used to have a 24seven slacker, completely black with fluro orange hubs and text, looked amazing in my eyes.

Hmmmm. I'd go for less orange and more black, more stealth look but it will look good either way, i used to have a 24seven slacker, completely black with fluro orange hubs and text, looked amazing in my eyes.

Yeah the only orange will be the rims unless i decided to get a gusset colt stem, cos them elementarys are a slut to fit

Yeah the only orange will be the rims unless i decided to get a gusset colt stem, cos them elementarys are a slut to fit

They'e a pain in the arse, i could never tighten the one i had on my bmx to a point that it would hold he bars securely, do a little 180 and boom, bars on your top tube.

Gusset colt looks good, very good for the money.

Just so you get an idea here are my old jump / park bikes, I like black.

Most recent decent bike.

Planet X jack flash,

DSC00057.jpg

With my bmx.

DSC00063.jpg

BMX alone

DSC00067.jpg

24seven I wish i never sold it, I'd still be riding if I'd kept it, i had a thing for brakes.

DSCF0365.jpg

First MTB worth mentioning.

DSC01578.jpg

The latest picture of my 06 Kona Kula...

IMGP0001.jpg

- 2006 Kona Kula

- Marzocchi Fondo Race 1 Lock-Up 100mm

- Shimano Deore XT gearing

- Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 XC Brakes

- Sun DS2-XC Rims

- DMR V12 Magnesium's

- Shimano Deore Cranks

- Continental Vapour (Front)

- Maxxis high roller eXCeption series (Rear)

They'e a pain in the arse, i could never tighten the one i had on my bmx to a point that it would hold he bars securely, do a little 180 and boom, bars on your top tube.

Gusset colt looks good, very good for the money.

Just so you get an idea here are my old jump / park bikes, I like black.

Most recent decent bike.

Planet X jack flash,

DSC00057.jpg

haha yeah i have the same problem with my elementary! i just do it up supah tight.

Planet x looks good, are they dirt jam comp forks? i used to have some on my old 24seven. they were awesome. this was my favourite bike out of all of mine

post-15521-0-18747400-1296306407_thumb.j

i still have that frame if you want another 24seven :P

Edited by dirt jumper jake

haha yeah i have the same problem with my elementary! i just do it up supah tight.

Planet x looks good, are they dirt jam comp forks? i used to have some on my old 24seven. they were awesome. this was my favourite bike out of all of mine

post-15521-0-18747400-1296306407_thumb.j

i still have that frame if you want another 24seven :P

24" or 26? how battered is it?

They where 2007 DJ2 uppers with 2009 DJ3 lowers, dual air sprung, pumped up to 110psi absoloubtley solid unless you landed very very hard.

Better than the argyles i had before them.

24" or 26? how battered is it?

They where 2007 DJ2 uppers with 2009 DJ3 lowers, dual air sprung, pumped up to 110psi absoloubtley solid unless you landed very very hard.

Better than the argyles i had before them.

26" but i ran twennyfos and it rid gorgeous, & i dont rate argyles after seeing my mate snap to pairs in a month.

• 1 month later...

These are my other bikes, unfortunately I am having to sell them due to lack of room.

my jump bike, Simtra Psycho, Rockshox Pikes, shimano SLX cranks, hope hoops, Azonic bars etc (needs seat clamp)

23tilbm.jpg

2uxtqbr.jpg

2m7oy.jpg

2evb1xs.jpg

2a63t5d.jpg

my WTP 2009 trust, bit battered and rides like shit compared with Mark's super sorted BMX.

2u43tqf.jpg

333wz5s.jpg

nu9ah.jpg

2ns7sir.jpg

21opkhv.jpg

my super pimped racing BMX. Koxx expert frame (drilled headtube, annodised, drilled bb shell, dropouts and seat stay bridge) Old XTR cranks annodised black, GU rear trials hub, superstar race bars and forks, cut down ti axled MG1 pedals, Onza Ronnie rims, Kenda Small Block 8 tyres. I had this thing down to the mid 7kg area when it hada lighter headset and stuff on, accelerates sooo fast!

synpmv.jpg

9tie0h.jpg

1zdvntd.jpg

16lfs3m.jpg

28tf7zq.jpg

24vmm9e.jpg

My old roady get around bike. got the frame/fork/bar/stem/headset for around £20. The built in seat clamp was cracked so I just filed it off and used a normal seat clamp. I have it as asingle speed as I didn't want to spend much on this bike at all, I paid for some posh wheels (still under £200 for the pair) but the rest was stuff I mostly already had (the cranks were the originals off my race bmx).

2ngh342.jpg

2v9q5tt.jpg

1zevzr.jpg

kehhty.jpg

2e57fv5.jpg

28bbn0o.jpg

2iu5wm.jpg

Same again really, heres what I've been building over the past few weeks,,,

One on 456, Marzocchi all mountain 3's, truvativ holtzfelt cranks/truv BB, raceface stem, Fireye bars, Avid Elixer 5 brakes. Bikehut post/Selle Italia seat. Feels mega bombproof and sturdy as hell, really confidence inspiring to ride.

IMAG0120.jpg

Yes that is a drilled back rim, it is single speed, an that is a pro2T on the back :P. I have a pro2 standard to go on once I've built my new wheel, (pro2/Mavic 321) which I'll fit gears onto then. I've also got a Ethirteen bash/chainguide setup ccomming in the next few days which will be preety nice. Just got back from a good 10mile ride which was awesome fun. Properly enjoying hacking around muddy lanes and stuff, awesome fun.

There will be new tyres comming with the new wheel set too, any opinions on good tyre/what to avoid would be awesome. I'd like something kinda fast rolling, but not too shit when the floor gets abit loose...

There will be new tyres comming with the new wheel set too, any opinions on good tyre/what to avoid would be awesome. I'd like something kinda fast rolling, but not too shit when the floor gets abit loose...

I'd be interested in hearing people's views on that too, with the added priviso of being bargainous. Wishing I'd got some 2009 WTB Prowler MX Races when CRC had them for £8.99 each but alternatives welcome!

Edit: Oh yeah, and lightish too...

Same again really, heres what I've been building over the past few weeks,,,

One on 456, Marzocchi all mountain 3's, truvativ holtzfelt cranks/truv BB, raceface stem, Fireye bars, Avid Elixer 5 brakes. Bikehut post/Selle Italia seat. Feels mega bombproof and sturdy as hell, really confidence inspiring to ride.

IMAG0120.jpg

Yes that is a drilled back rim, it is single speed, an that is a pro2T on the back :P. I have a pro2 standard to go on once I've built my new wheel, (pro2/Mavic 321) which I'll fit gears onto then. I've also got a Ethirteen bash/chainguide setup ccomming in the next few days which will be preety nice. Just got back from a good 10mile ride which was awesome fun. Properly enjoying hacking around muddy lanes and stuff, awesome fun.

That place looks familiar? Is it a bike park?

Built my new wheels today, Hope XC/F519 front, Pro2/D521 rear. Laced with DT swiss champion spokes with a Conti Vertical on the front an a Mountain King on the back. Feels really nice now, rolls a hell of a lot faster then it did, an it looks a shit load better for having matching black hubs an rims. Just been a few hours hack through the woods and I'm impressed with the conti tyres, they don't seem as soft as the high roller that was on there but they gripped incredibly well still.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

Chain device coming sometime in the week an then I need to sort some sort of gears out on it, any suggestions? I've been thinking about a Sram X5 setup all round but I dunno wether to just go for Deore kit? I used to have a deore mech an trigger shifter and a tiagra road cassette on my trials bike which was faultless, but I imagine I'll be using the gears on this a fair bit more so I think it'll warrant the extra pennies....

That place looks familiar? Is it a bike park?

It's not no, just a local track around here.

If you have already ordered the chain device ignore me but I recently fitted a Superstar Plasma Chain Device and for £35 I am extremely impressed!

Gears are very much personal preference, I run a Shimano XT Shadow mech with XT shifter on the XC bike, and a SRAM X9 mech with X7 shifter on the DH bike. The SRAM certainly feels a lot more positive however with a full gear outer the XT certainly shifts nicely as well. I would probably go for an SLX mech rather than the X5 or the Deore, whatever you choose run a full gear outer!