My New £1500 Laptop

Clawz114

I thought this was the Chit-Chat section?

*sigh*

It's people like you, that make me remember why i stopped using this forum for so long, and now i'm starting to question why i'm even typing this message.

Thanks <_<

Feel free to remember quicker, and then action on that memory.

I thought this was the Chit-Chat section?

*sigh*

It's people like you, that make me remember why i stopped using this forum for so long, and now i'm starting to question why i'm even typing this message.

Thanks <_<

Well it is but if you're going to make a specific thread to show off your new laptop when you could have justed used the happy thread, you're kind of asking for it.

Got a new laptop on Tuesday, so i thought i'd put some pics up for those who may be interested.

Well it is but if you're going to make a specific thread to show off your new laptop when you could have justed used the happy thread, you're kind of asking for it.

You are clearly not interested.

You have no reason to be posting in here.

:lol:

Talk about bragging...

Nooo, im not bragging. I just thought, its unusual, and some people might be interested :mellow:

Edited by Clawz114

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9300 (2.50 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache)

GPU: Dual SLI™ 512MB nVidia® GeForce™ 9800GT graphics card

RAM: 6144MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (1x2GB + 1x4GB)

Hard drive: 320GB Free Fall Sensor (7200RPM) Hard Drive

Optical drive: Internal Blu-Ray ROM Combo (Blu-Ray, DVD and CD Read, DVD & CD Write)

LCD: 17.0" UltraSharp™ WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT with TrueLife™ with Integrated 2.0MP web cam

667mHz? :\

667mHz? :\

Most notebook ram is 667Mhz. You can get 800Mhz i believe but its expensive, and this was the only option...

What is it that you're even going to use it for? :lol:

Just to clarify, no I didn't buy it for portability, or for battery life.

I have a very laid back job, where me and my boss play games pretty much all day. A desktop at work is too big, whereas a laptop lid can be shut if there are customers. That is its main usage, but I do plan on bringing it home occasionally for the Blu-Ray player, and I will also take it round my mates house every now and then to play some games LAN style. I've done that once with my desktop, and it was so much effort.

That ^

Not bad, although I would of though you would of got a small flash HDD in the mix too. I would like to see a screen shot of futuremark '06 if you have it?

I was going to buy an alienware laptop two years ago. Same thing really but with 2x8600GTs & 17" screen. Man, I'm so glad I didn't! Stupid money for something that isn't that great. I'm still wondering weather I should get a laptop or not for uni next year (edit: £400 MAX). I've never had a problem with transporting my desktop nor been a big fan of laptops.

Edited by froggy

You can big your laptop up as much as you like, they're never as good as desktops.

For starters, the mouse / keyboard is always crap - I've always ended up using a PC's keyboard and mouse, which defeats the object a bit!

I'm sure it's good for a laptop, they just don't appeal to me.

Most notebook ram is 667Mhz. You can get 800Mhz i believe but its expensive, and this was the only option...

I have seen one on PCworld with 800mhz for £549.99, not that expensive.

I wouldn't say no to a £1500 laptop (for free), but I couldn't justify paying for it, but hey, if you got the money then why not.

Frooty

Not bad, although I would of though you would of got a small flash HDD in the mix too. I would like to see a screen shot of futuremark '06 if you have it?

It was about £200 more for an SSD, and it was less storage. I'm not quite ready for SSD yet. When the price per GB drops more, then i will definitely look into upgrading it!

I'l try and get 3dmark up on it.

I have seen one on PCworld with 800mhz for £549.99, not that expensive.

The actual chipset that this laptop uses, does not support 800Mhz RAM. It only supports up to 667Mhz. If you were to instal 800Mhz, it would limit itself to 667Mhz, if it worked at all that is!

There is support for an FSB running at 800Mhz, but thats different!

Besides, the difference it makes is said to be minimal and has no real noticable improvement. It is easier to overclock 800Mhz memory, which is one of the advantages, but i will not be doing this, so that makes no difference to me.

It wouldnt suprise me if this PCworld laptop was limited to 667Mhz due to the chipset :P

Edited by Clawz114

I can totally see the point in a big laptop. Have a desk that is completely free of clutter except when you get the laptop out of the drawer or something? Sounds good to me - and it doesn't matter if it's not portable to carry around all day and use in the cafe and on the train etc. That's not the point.

Having said that, they are a LOT more expensive than a comparable desktop, and my experience of laptops is that they break quite frequently. But if you can afford it, why not?

I knew from this topic title it was going to be a pathetic one however I must interject;

No. Most 'good' laptop ram is 1067 MHz DDR3 nowadays.

It's a shame it runs Windows though. If you installed OS X on to it and got rid of the whole external casing so it doesn't look tacky, bulky and generally gash, it'd be an ok computer I guess.

What he said ^ I wouldn't have a desktop due to space reasons, and practability. I'd rather have all my stuff on an amazing laptop than half my stuff on a shitty laptop, and half on a desktop. Your away with the laptop, and what you need is on your desktop, very handy that!

Nice peice of kit dude, any game screenshots to show us/me?

I still havnt got round to installing any other games apart from Left4Dead and C&C3, so here's some screenshots of them...

14135431.th.jpg92047576.th.jpg

87768541.th.jpg13228436.th.jpg

80256798.th.jpg11661139.th.jpg

18048114.th.jpg13844524.th.jpg

12881638.th.jpg

I knew from this topic title it was going to be a pathetic one however I must interject;

No. Most 'good' laptop ram is 1067 MHz DDR3 nowadays.

It's a shame it runs Windows though. If you installed OS X on to it and got rid of the whole external casing so it doesn't look tacky, bulky and generally gash, it'd be an ok computer I guess.

Yes, but thats DDR3. I'm using DDR2.

Like i said, the difference between the 800Mhz and the 667Mhz DDR2 ram is minimal.

Like i also said before, what games can OS X play? I suppose your laptop is so much better? ;)

Edited by Clawz114