Travel

Rob Brodie

hey guys.

just woke up and mum said dads stuck in Millbrook on the way to work because they've shut the motorway completely because the whole things sheet ice.

also there's police sat at the end of my road telling people to stay at home :S

it doesn't even look as bad as yesturday out?!

..rob..

hey guys.

just woke up and mum said dads stuck in Millbrook on the way to work because they've shut the motorway completely because the whole things sheet ice.

also there's police sat at the end of my road telling people to stay at home :S

it doesn't even look as bad as yesturday out?!

..rob..

The M27 westbound's closed because of about a 30 car pile up. It didn't seem that bad going East but there you go. All the side roads in Southampton are completely sheet ice as well though- when I came in no one could get up any of the hills, there were vans in hedges, buses stuck dead and pedestrians struggling to stay on their feet! Go Hampshire council! Useless bast...

Our school is having a day off because the roads are inaccesable for buses. When you are driving, you are pretty much driving on ice. No one has crashed where i live because we are very careful drivers. :giggle:

Surely thats just cause were usto it right ?, All these councils need to pull there fingers out there ar*e's and get organised for snow.

Do you not have these square combustion engine powered contraptions with wheels on them that drive around with salt and sand falling out of the back?

Our taxes seem to be spent paying for immigrants to be housed and fed, paying for politicians (frozen) duck ponds and moats and invading other countries and waging war rather thab buying such ingenious contraptions. Priorities? Who needs em'?

Its all so pathetic, our neighbouring council has 5 gritters/plows, and our council only has one, and even the majority of our main roads are'nt even gritted, not to mention the side streets, they're still the way they were when the snow first fell, nightmare... :(

Edit: Saw one last night, when the ice had melted anyway... ¬¬

Edited by Julius Czar

If only everyone had a proper car!

Youtube Video -> Original Video

Haha, that's an amazing advert! Dave, stop being so sarcastic.

Clearly there's been a lot of people who've been badly affected by this cold snap, but am I not the only one who's fallen in love with driving again?! You can have so much fun on the roads at silly slow speeds, and get some superb drifts and slides. Penduluming down the M25 at 50 was quite an experience that's for sure. :D

We couldnt get out of our road, there are steep hills all around to get out, so we were stranded.

There was a 6 car pile up coming down the hill, next door neighbour broke her arm, I nearly broke my ankle stepping out the front door and slipping getting my leg wedged under my moms car, and anyone who made it safely down the hill couldnt get back up, including 2 police cars.

Fun times