Speedrace Fans 26"

Mark W

what are the "TartyBikes High Performance " pads on the back?

We sorta do - they're not top end pads or anything, they're just better than the standard Magura pads you get on OEM brakes so we can make complete bikes from us and other manufacturers better without really having to up the price at all. Very similar compound to the Spanish Fly pads.
Edited by Ross McArthur

10.2kg is pretty light for that sort of money. The majority of riders bikes weigh a lot more than they think.

Well, considering this frame is like 1.6 kg, I figured the overall weight, especially with dual maggies, would have been under 10 kg. My ZHI is 1.9 kg and I'm running a fork with a steel steerer, avid 8" front disc, deng cranks, and my bike is 10.3 kg...but I do have some much lighter parts like tires and wheels, thats really where I saved most of the weight. That fans bike could probably cut 0.5 kg on tires alone.

There are plenty of ways you could save weight on it, but the whole point is that it's built for a price point, so we can't make all our bikes superlight. You have to cut corners somewhere, but hopefully having a slightly heavier tyre that's still nice and grippy and durable isn't a bad corner to cut...