The Czar 24" (poll)

Jake.

Czar 24" or Inspired 24"  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Czar or Inspired?

• Inspired Fourplay Team
    • Czar 24" Street

The geometry is exactly that of a fourplay, only 5mm shorter at the front end.

Thus, it will ride like a fourplay, only be a little easier to pull up and spin... except for setup has more to do with that than geometry, when we're talking about such little differences at least.

Stupid, how?

It's completely pointless, the seat stay and the top tube are in-line, the seat tube only has a hole in it 'cos it's fashionable to have a seat on a 24". If it was a bit longer, it'd be both look better and you could actually sit down on it without looking like a mong.

It's completely pointless, the seat stay and the top tube are in-line, the seat tube only has a hole in it 'cos it's fashionable to have a seat on a 24". If it was a bit longer, it'd be both look better and you could actually sit down on it without looking like a mong.

Why would you look like a mong?

Do you look like a mong on inspired bikes?

Disc + horizontal = fail. I HATE setting up disc brakes to begin with, let alone having to fiddle with them because I change the rear wheel position to mess with my chain tension.

That's why I loved the Brooklyn Machine works horiz and disc....cause it floats with the rear wheel, and you don't have to worry about playing with the caliper.

haha...loving the brick wall post!

for the time being, i think its a pretty hard call between the inspired and the czar. the inspired has obviously had alot of (comparative to other brands) media/advertising attention with danny mac, as a result its been much more in the trials public eye with plenty of reputable riders using them...this instantly creates a divide between those who dont mind going for the popular, and those who dont like to follow what can be seen as a trend and want to try somthing different

the inspired frame has obviously had huge amounts of testing and everyday use (with riding well beyond what most of us are capable of) so it at least has the credibility of being well built. im not sure yet about the czar, it does look pretty solid..maybe even more so, but how well it holds up to day in / day out trials riding that weve all seen the inspired go through, ive no idea

if it can be determined whether the frame is decent (from a purely strength and workmanship point of view) and can withstand the abuse...then im guessings its pretty much down to your tastes in which looks better and your budget.at the end of the day, when youre riding around and using the bike...who consiously thinks about whether it has horizontal dropouts or not (unless the setting up of them is a nightmare)

Horizontal dropouts rule! I really wish my Echo had them - just slightly tweaking a snail cam (or using the built-in grub screw on the Czar!) is a load easier than the faff of getting a tensioner sorted so it's lined up nicely, got the right tension, isn't going to flick up and batter your chainstays, isn't going to move, etc. - it's the main thing I think could do with being changed on the Fourplay just because of how nice horizontal dropouts are.

The Czar doesn't really appear to have got any design flaws as such, it seems to have been designed pretty well. Pretty solid and pretty stiff. The build we've got here feels so solid, with the Kiniption tyres it rolls and feels like a BMX. More streety feeling than any Inspired we've built.