24" Tgs Bike?

Mark W

I am reserving judgment. sure it felt good when stood on two wheels, but so do some mods :rolleyes: the real test for me is in the riding. I am sure a LOT of people will love this bike but I am too used to 26" wheels, even the 2" difference is enough to throw me. Plus, I still think its a little jack of all trades master of non but I am willing to be proved wrong.

It is nice looking though

Plus, I still think its a little jack of all trades master of non but I am willing to be proved wrong.

exactly how i feel about. it wont have the tap of a stock (i think), or the agilenesss of a mod.

I am reserving judgment. sure it felt good when stood on two wheels, but so do some mods :rolleyes: the real test for me is in the riding. I am sure a LOT of people will love this bike but I am too used to 26" wheels, even the 2" difference is enough to throw me. Plus, I still think its a little jack of all trades master of non but I am willing to be proved wrong.

Having a jack of all trades bike is great though. You wouldn't be limited by the wheelsize. If you're going to go pro and win world championships, that's different.

What is the geo of this bike built up? As I have that money on my card at the moment and really do want to buy it now, but the geo Tarty states sounds off-putting to me than what it was surposed to be..

BECAUSE-SIMPLE 24 Trials Frame

BB: 65MM

Whellbase:1058MM

Head angle:72degree

Chain stays:367MM

Wheelbase: 1045mm

Chainstay Length: 370mm

BB Rise: +70mm

Head angle: 73.5°

Centre of BB to centre top of head tube: 650mm

Somewhere in the production of a frame there is always chance for something to come out a little different than expected.

The wheelbase may also be the maximum wheelbase, cause it's horizontal dropouts. That could even effect the BB height. However you'd expect the CS to shorten with the wheelbase :S

Edited by Revolver

However you'd expect the CS to shorten with the wheelbase :S

Exactly what I was thinking.

I know these frames are cheap-ish, but the manufacters of this frame can't that bad that they change the entire geo of the frame :blink:

If it was +55 or so, I would've already bought one, because it would've been exactly what I was looking for.

+70 is something I've got to think about. I liked Tom's adamant, but it was ages ago when I rode it, and I couldn't ride it just for being shite, so it might not really count.

We are currently looking to stock some more "trialsy" 24" tyres so keep an eye on the site. At the moment though I would say that 2.7" High Roller is a good bet!

24" Conti Kaiser would own.

+1

Is it 116mm?

So it begins, I am loving the idea of a proper trials 24, really what I want rather than mod, which I am making do with at the moment, so tempted by this but am going to wait to see what else is coming on the wave...................

That looks awsome, I have ALWAYS wanted a proper trialsy 24, only thing I think i would change would be to make it dual disc, stick another louise on the rear. What did the wheel base come out as with those forks?

Surely 18-15 would be too easy for a 24, even a trialsy setup, especialy with 175mm cranks, would 18-14 not be more suited??

Adam

Cool, time to clear a few things up!

Firstly, the geo stated on our site was measured - as it says - with Urbans. With the Because forks on it tweaks the geometry about a bit, which is probably why Because's stated geometry differs from our's. Equally, our's was measured without actually having a wheel in, so their's is probably different in that they sound like they measured it from where a wheel is when you run a certain ratio, hence it sounding longer than our's.

Regarding the compromises it makes, it actually feels very mod-like with this setup in terms of agility. It's not a particularly long frame, so with that stem and those bars it's really flicky and nimble. It's also pretty light so you can just throw it around like a mod, albeit something more like a longer mod rather than a 1000-1010mm WB mod. Agility wise I'd definitely say it was more mod (i.e. good) rather than stock (i.e. bad), but for actual 'proper' moves it feels like it's more like a stock (i.e. good) than a mod (i.e. not so good). Obviously it's a compromise, but it seems like they've done it in the best way. We all thought it felt pretty compy, in that you could move the bike around in tighter spaces really well, but it didn't feel cramped or anything.

With gearing, it seems like it's currently pretty reasonable, although I usually prefer a harder gear ratio than standard so I'd probably drop down to a 14t rear sprocket. You could always go for 170mm cranks with 18:15 though if you were particularly worried about it, although a new sprocket's cheaper than new cranks.

Oh, and since someone asked, it's 135mm spaced.

So this frame would sway more towards the Tarty geo as I'll be using Echo Hifi forks..

I still really do want one <_< but I can't justify having a second 'trialsy' bike. At the moment I have my stock (Zhi Z2 - 1070, 380, +40, 72) So that rides really compy, and my 24" (Heatsink 24UK - 1025, 385, +25, 73) which is a flickable little street beast.

I can't see any good coming from buying this frame and having two full on trials bikes, unfortunatly..