Danny Macaskill

RazGman

Just an Idea like,

But just think if done right with his rep at the moment could do really well,

street trials as well as comp style 20" & 26"

someone make it happen!!!!

we need a game, almost everyother sport has there own game skateboard, bmx, mx, football ect...

would have to be well thought out though

They could do a dam good job i recon with the tech an that out at the min,

skate 1&2 are good because you use all anologe to control your board this sort of handling aswell as the new mx v atv reflex with rider position response would all make it sweeet

this can be done just gotta get the idea about,

theres a trials bike game around for the pc, with all real riders and bikes to choose from, i used to have it but i think it was on my old laptop. how ever the same thing could probably be done for playstation, xbox and the wii.

just an idea for those who have a nintendo wii the b button on the back could be to preload and then a fast movement with your arm whilst letting go of b could be a good way to sidehop or gap up to something.

just an idea :)

haha anyone got a link to that shity old downloadable one someone made years ago?

it's on here somewhere, i did have it. possibly another thread about a trials game or best of the net........ not too sure.

EDIT: if i find it ill pm you the link.

Edited by l33th3tr33

i dont think games developers would have a hope in hell unless they rode trials themselves, and even then, for it to all be smooth and not just "press x to sidehop 80 inches then 360 off" would be an epic achievement in my books. But we really do need a trials game imo.

No it'd be more like cameras angles with the right stick, body horizontal position with the left stick, press x to hop into sidehop position, hold right trigger to charge preload then hit A to release.

If they can make a fluid and fast paced free-running game they can make a trials game.

Nobody else think a trials game would be a bit... Shit? + for the amount of people into trials compared to other sports it just wouldn't sell.

Yep. I do. BUT I also reckon a lot of the people that take part in the sports that games are based on think they are shit. Therefore, a trials game would be more likely to appeal to those young kids who watched the April 2009 vid (f**k, was that nearly a year ago?!) and not to us as riders.

I wouldn't buy it, unless it blew my mind how hard they'd made it. But then if they made it that hard, no-one else would buy it...

Well no, the fundamentals are all there. Constant progression curve, massive customisation options, rankings, online leaderboards, time based scoring. All of the most addictive points of the best selling games are included so with a bit of ingenuity and some forethought on how to make the controls natural and very easy to just pick up and play it would be a challenging game for everyone.

Yep. I do. BUT I also reckon a lot of the people that take part in the sports that games are based on think they are shit.

Regardless of whether I'm a rider or not, I just don't think there's much of a game to be made from trials - it's not like BMX or skateboarding where its fast paced & flowing, it's very stop>trick>land>repeat.

Even if they made it all flowing and nice, then it would just become a BMX game without grinds...

Regardless of whether I'm a rider or not, I just don't think there's much of a game to be made from trials - it's not like BMX or skateboarding where its fast paced & flowing, it's very stop>trick>land>repeat.

Even if they made it all flowing and nice, then it would just become a BMX game without grinds...

Base it on actual trials? Like have set lines that have to be completed, at the same levels as reality up to elite, with the same time limits... That way you would have to get good at executing the moves quickly which might make it more flowy.

I'm not a fan of the idea, just thinking about it.

Q: What's cool about BMX?

A: Nailing lines

Q: What's cool about trials?

A: For most people unfortunately, getting that extra inch.

So, you base a BMX game around tricks and lines. And you base a trials game around getting that extra inch. How does anyone intend do to that and make it fun for whoever is going to play the game?

Danny Macaskill: The Video Game would in principal be like Dave Mirra.

A: Nothing

So, you base a BMX game around tricks and lines. And you base a trials game around getting that extra inch. How does anyone intend do to that and make it fun for whoever is going to play the game?

Exactly, it's been done. And if I remember correctly, hasn't been done again for some time, for a reason.

A: Nailing lines

This is one of those things... Trials is, or was, more of a sport for 'geeks'. Thinkers, problem solvers. That's why before this sport became 'cool' this forum was full of awesome people and awesome topics. So while 'getting the extra inch' may be what it's all about to some people now, maybe it should be stripped back to being problem solving on a bike. "That obstacle is obstructing (oddly enough, that's its purpose) me, how do I get over there?" in game form.

Probably most of why I don't ride any more, there's too many other problems to solve for me to want to do it in my spare time and I sure as f**k don't want to be an inch searcher.