Worst Way To Die?

Adam-Griffin

Think we may have a winner:

Scaphism, also known as the boats, was an ancient Persian method of execution designed to inflict torturous death. The name comes from the Greek word skaphe, meaning "scooped (or hollowed) out".

The naked person was firmly fastened within a back-to-back pair of narrow rowing boats (or a hollowed-out tree trunk), with the head, hands, and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe diarrhea, and more honey would be rubbed on his body in order to attract insects to the exposed appendages. He or she would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects, which would eat and breed within his or her exposed and increasingly gangrenous flesh. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that dehydration or starvation did not provide him or her with the release of death. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

In other recorded versions, the insects did not eat the person; biting and stinging insects such as wasps, which were attracted by honey on the body, acted as the torture.

Death by scaphism was painful, humiliating, and protracted. Plutarch writes in his biography of Artaxerxes that Mithridates, sentenced to die in this manner for killing Cyrus the Younger, survived 17 days before dying.[1]

recent incident happened to a girl in the year above me (shared a class with her) she was in a car accident the other person in the car (don't know who was driving/passenger :( ) died on impact with the bridge, the other survived that but the car had landed in water and they found her half out of the car, she'd drowned (not been flung out). i'd hate too see my best mate die + have to bail on them + drown after :( scaphing sounds prety rank tbf

That, fine sir, is the logo for WINRAR.

Oh, why thank you then. :)

I don't want to get so old that I end up being looked after by other people, am in constant pain from arthritis, and slowly die of natural causes. That would be shit.

I want to die in a ball of flames/skydiving accident, some time in my late 50s.

Being old wouldnt bes too bad, because you can boost around in a mobility scooter and yell at all the "kids these days".

Thats what Im looking foward to, Im going to be the grumpiest old guy ever! Because old's can get away from it :)

Also, falling down a huge, but not very steep that has lots of sharp rocks and die by that. DAMN that would hurt.