Worst Way To Die?

Adam-Griffin

For me it has to be drowning.

Have you ever even got a little bit of water in your lungs? How painful is that? Now times it by all your lungs.

f**k. That. Shit.

I learn from wikipedia that in fact when you drown, often your lungs are sealed, preventing much water from going in, but because you are submerged, this seal is never broken, and you asphyxiate like so.

Myself and some school friends discussed this many years ago, and we concluded the worst (or most painful and fearful way to go) would be to be trapped between 2 large objects which slowly got closer and closer together, like at the rate of 1 mm every half hour, so you slowly feel the pressure build up and your body parts slowly crush under the weight, and eventually things would start 'popping' under the extreme pressure and pain wold be ever increasing before you finally died under the pressure.

I know far too much thought went into that one, but it was a School discussion to pass time.

If I was asked as a quick question, I would have to say drowning like most others

Death overall scares me, not the fear of dying but the fear of not knowing whats next, is the end the end, or is there more out there?

Frooty

Death overall scares me, not the fear of dying but the fear of not knowing whats next, is the end the end, or is there more out there

That's the most exciting bit, I'm more worried about how. I'd hate to be burned alive, then live, like paralyzed and scarred.

Then be suffocated to someone shitting in my mouth, like someone else said

Death overall scares me, not the fear of dying but the fear of not knowing whats next, is the end the end, or is there more out there?

I always used to get f**king scared of that - can't remember who said it (was definitely someone off here) but it's a nice way to look at it; think of it like going to sleep - you don't realise you've been asleep until you wake up, so you just won't know anything about it!

Edited by Skoze

I can't imagine there's much primary evidence to back this up.

My sister nearly drowned a couple years back at Croyde beach in north Devon. They were having a beach party and decided it would be a good idea to go swimming, despite the savage rip-tides that exhist there.

Got swept out about a kilometer and after 45mins swimming was completly knckerd and suddenly knew she was going to die so started swallowing water to speed up the process.

she said, you get an overwhelming sence of calm, peace and well-being.

Its only because one of the guys at the party was a competition sea swimmer, who swam out to save her that shes alive.

My sister nearly drowned a couple years back at Croyde beach in north Devon. They were having a beach party and decided it would be a good idea to go swimming, despite the savage rip-tides that exhist there.

Got swept out about a kilometer and after 45mins swimming was completly knckerd and suddenly knew she was going to die so started swallowing water to speed up the process.

she said, you get an overwhelming sence of calm, peace and well-being.

Its only because one of the guys at the party was a competition sea swimmer, who swam out to save her that shes alive.

Wow, that was pretty damm lucky. By that account, drowning sounds quite similar to hyperthermia. I've always thought that would be quite a nice way to go.

Ive nearly drown once in the sea, i was with my uncle at sandbanks swimming, and just seems to sink, it was the oddest of feelings i couldn't stay on the surface like there was no up thrust and just gravity sort of thing.. I found that so get to the point of not breathing for so long your body coughs and forces water into your lungs. I would by no means say that it was relaxing, through the whole ordeal i couldn't stop thinking this is the end. i found my self thinking of everything i was going to loose, Lucky for me my uncle was swimming with me and saw me go under in a struggle (he says? to me i just felt as if i sank) so swam back asap to save me. That was the scariest thing thats ever happened to me.

But personally apart the that stuck in a log with honey and shit all over you id say this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_Bull Thats some messed up shit.

Or being stuck somewhere eg. say your caving and got caved in with incorrect equipment, knowing there's no way out its pitch black, and everything is going to go felling thats bad.

Being on your own and having a group of big bears surround you and rip you to shreds.

They say saftey comes in numbers, try telling that to six million jews.

11 million Jews actually.

I reakon sky diving and having both parachutes fail on you, so you free fall thousands of feet knowing that you cant stop and there is nothing you can do. That would suck.

http://listverse.com/2007/09/12/top-10-gru...s-of-execution/

Sawing:

In Execution by sawing, the criminal would be hung upside-down and a large saw would be used to cut their body in half, starting with the groin, all the way to the head. Because the person was hanging upside-down, the brain received sufficient blood to keep them alive until the saw finally reached the main blood vessels in the abdomen. In the Asian version of this execution, the victim would stand upright and the sawing would begin at the top of the head.

Edited by davey1991

A japanese method of torture/killing, called Death by 1000 cuts, where your body would be covered in chainmail which would be tightened until your skin poked through it, and then this skin would be cut Ground off, then the mail tightened more.

Something like that.

After being knocked off a boat, by the sail boomy bitty swingy thingymabob.. and ending up coming round face down in water, and drowning. Ended up going into cardiac arrest, the whole cubumshizzle. But really, once you get over the initial panic, and give up fighting, its actually really tranquil. You, and a load of bubbles! Weightless. Cant remember much, but I do remember it felt quite nice!

iv come very very close to drowning many times, and just before u take your fatal breath of water it is rather peaceful, its just the holding your breath panicing bit that majorly sucks!

I was kinda meaning being sat in a house all on your own, no friends, no family, nothing. Living out your days lonely and waiting for death.

Unfortunately (and I know this as my wife is a nurse) that is the way the majority of people go, either at home or in hospital. The attitude we have for old people in this society is sickening. I guess that’s the product of a society that is afraid to grow up. Rant over.

Edited by beigemaster