Rawing Frame....but What To Use?

willis-gu

Basically, rawing the frame down to silver, however i dont know what to use. I have been told oven cleaner works, but a little try seems like it will take hours to do. I have also been told to use nitromoss but i am not sure if it is any good or how long it will take using it!

So i want something quick and easy, which will sort the job right out!!

Anyone got any little tricks or ideas? Anyone recomend anything?

thanks, willis x

nah i wouldn't use a wire brush, you'll scratch the hell out of it...i used a credit card to scrape the paint off and loads of Nitro :)

Na not that way! Use the wire scouer pads you get from any five and dime shop like wilkos. You get 3 for 90p or sumit gay like that.

Do it bare-handed, pussies! Rawed my BMX forks and bars (thick paint then thick rust-proof coating) in our living room on a piece of cardboard. It only sometimes hurts, strangely - it can be totally fine, or it'll hurt like an absolute b*****d. If you keep your wits about you you can sense if you're about to get a beasty stinging then get it off quick.

Do it bare-handed, pussies! Rawed my BMX forks and bars (thick paint then thick rust-proof coating) in our living room on a piece of cardboard. It only sometimes hurts, strangely - it can be totally fine, or it'll hurt like an absolute b*****d. If you keep your wits about you you can sense if you're about to get a beasty stinging then get it off quick.

yeah it's a killer. just make sure you dont get any in your eyes because thats seriously bad news!!

Your local auto shop should have this stuff called "Aircraft remover". You literally brush it on, watch the paint/powdercoat bubble up in seconds and wipe it off. No scrubbing, brushes, or any of that stuff and it's to the metal. You can have a frame to the metal in less than an hour.

Edited by rupintart

Other than sand blasting the thing Id stick with the nitro-mors, ive used it many times before and just recently to strip my zoo pitbull. You can pick a large tub up for bout £7ish get a paint brush, slap it on take bout 10mins, you can sometimes see it bubble the paint straight away, prob take a few coats. It burns you skin but only a little.