Site News: Trials-Forum Upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get a button for FS topics, which is essentially a 'bump', but without having to read through all the bumps to see what's been said?

Or something to tidy bumps up a bit, anything!

SOMEBODY THINK OF THE BUMPS!

Added in FS and WTD.

Hopefully limited to one bump every 24 hours (since the last reply).

Apparently, if you're the topic starter, and a reply has been made within 24 hours, you should see a little popup on the 'bump this topic' button that tells you how long you need to wait before you can bump. I can't see this 'cos admins override this rule, but could one of you guys post a screenshot of it? I'm interested :)

....or random vids?

The new gallery has video support built in, so i'll be moving all the videos into there once i've worked out how to do it. Once thats done, I need never worry about any custom video stuff (wohoo!), and doing stuff like showing a random video will be straight forward :)

Tomorrow/this week hopefully. Got it all set up locally, just need to get coding (boo)

All of the old videos and their comments have been moved to the gallery. Uploading is still disabled.

I'll add a random videos and random gallery images block to the forum index once someone makes one :P May be a few weeks.

http://www.trials-fo...um/2229-videos/

You can also copy and paste the URL to one of your albums or images straight into a post - and this happens. Pretty handy for for sale topics!

http://www.trials-fo...lbum/2228-sale/

http://www.trials-fo...ge/22893-sky13/

It's really bright, if it was a slightly darker blue I'd prefer it.

Also, the watched forums tab is back, can you get rid of it?

Could you put the watched topics bit above the statuses? At the moment the bottom of the statuses push the bottom of the forum down, it would be ok if they were the other way around, as then the bottom of the forum would be the bottom of the page if you had that bit closed. I hope that makes sense!

Also, if you're in the admin panel playing stuff, it wouldn't be too much effort to... make me a senior member...? :shifty:

Edit: The icons that indicate whether a topic has been read or not also look quite similar, a bit confusing!

Edited by Revolver
  • Like 1

It's really bright, if it was a slightly darker blue I'd prefer it.

Also, the watched forums tab is back, can you get rid of it?

Could you put the watched topics bit above the statuses? At the moment the bottom of the statuses push the bottom of the forum down, it would be ok if they were the other way around, as then the bottom of the forum would be the bottom of the page if you had that bit closed. I hope that makes sense!

Also, if you're in the admin panel playing stuff, it wouldn't be too much effort to... make me a senior member...? :shifty:

Edit: The icons that indicate whether a topic has been read or not also look quite similar, a bit confusing!

I've made it darker blue now and copied all the old new topic icons back onto this skin - better?

Although I like the overall layout to it, I've got to say there are far too many colours on it. And, as Revolver said, it's way too bright in my opinion too. I'm sure I'd get used to it, but it doesn't make me say 'wow' just yet.

Agreed, i've removed a lot now. My main aim is to remove the fluff and heaviness of the old skin, so I'll be slimming it down further :)

Cheers for the feedback so far, keep it coming :)

This doesn't have much to do with the new update, but it's something I've noticed and could be looked into. Scrolling down any random thread shows that most post are only a couple of lines followed by a sig and then blank space that takes up the same room as their post. What's causing that is the information between 'group' and 'bike ridden'. Is there anyway it could be either put on a drop down box, or just some way to get rid of it.

Take a look at any of Mule's, N.Wood's or even my posts and you'll see what I mean. You could reduce the room a page of comments takes up by 50% and would make life much easier to navigate TF.

Edited by JT!

This doesn't have much to do with the new update, but it's something I've noticed and could be looked into. Scrolling down any random thread shows that most post are only a couple of lines followed by a sig and then blank space that takes up the same room as their post. What's causing that is the information between 'group' and 'bike ridden'. Is there anyway it could be either put on a drop down box, or just some way to get rid of it.

Take a look at any of Mule's, N.Wood's or even my posts and you'll see what I mean. You could reduce the room a page of comments takes up by 50% and would make life much easier to navigate TF.

Good suggestion. I'll put it all in a drop down or something tomorrow or what I get the chance :)

>_< You got rid of location which is important. But joined date and post count are still there. No one really needs to know when someone joined the forum, and no one needs to know post count as we have pips. But where they live really needs to be there for people selling stuff and arranging ride. :)