Trials Biking On The News -Im A 50P Coin Design Winner!

Theo

Hi there, Thought people would be pleased to hear that trials biking made the news again, there a few pics of me on the bike around the internet but it was on itv and bbc :)

I entered this thing last summer and I had a special assembely at school and all the media were there!! I did the best I could to premote trials biking even though I didnt have any walls, just had to hop around a bit haha. heres some links:

my name googled

A video of me on the bike

bikeradar!!!

The best thing I think is the idea of having my design on loads of 50p's across the UK. I think theres 3 million of them going to be published! So following the scary assembely at school I had a full day of interviews with all kinds of radio stations and press.

I aslo got a solid gold version of my coin which is the only one in the world! It was an amazing experiance that I will never forget :)

Here are some pics: (im not clipped in to the bike just wearing the clip shoes) haha, had a mountain biking shot just before which I needed the clips for.

coin1575295c.jpg

12657287370461xnt52cjwy.jpg

I might post some more pics when I get them all sent to me.

Thanks!

Theo :lol:

Edited by Theo

What an amazing achievement Im really pleased for you, if I ever see one of those coins I might just keep it (Y)

thanks mate, means alot :) Theres going to be something like 29 other coins designed by the public. One other winner has already been announced, think she is called florrence jackson

Well done (Y)

Shame they called it a BMX all news reporters do that !

So is that the new 50p that will replace that woman or is it one of them rare weird ones? :P

yeah, I had a go at them for calling it that haha, but it was too late :angry:

and the normal ones will still be there, I think theres going to be 3 million of these released in to circulation in autmn time.

fair play, thats pretty cool! I studied graffic design at college, I would have loved to have one of my designs on a coin!

I have seen some of your frame pics, they are really accurate you have some skill mate.

Well done! I would love to have my own coin :P. Quite an achievement (Y)

Thanks mate, even getting the massive one here: haha!

royalmintcyclingolympic.jpg

think it would be a pretty good trials biking prop seen asthough it would never fit in the house haha! Ii had better be carefull though because it has been approoved by the queen!

Theo

:o i entered that.

mine was a bit of a fail though :(

well done (Y) did you win any money?

Its always worth a try. The school get 10 grand!!! I dont get anything, haha, I get some choice what the money goes towards though, so some is going towards biking :) ride on! oh yeah I got a solid gold version of my coin too!

Theo (Y)