2010 Onza Range

duncshaw

I don't really think that eloquence comes into it. Eloquence is the powerful and effective use of language to be persuasive in an argument. Unfortunately you contradict yourself very clearly, which negates your claim to eloquence. You go to great pains to say that your statements are purely your own opinion but then go on to suggest that its "bad graphic design". You are thus becoming the arbiter of taste in design, and effectively saying that because you don't like it, it is bad design per se. You further more go on to suggest that in future we appoint a "good" graphic designer, without having any idea who actually carried out our design work. on this occasion. All I can say is that we are happy to accept any criticism of our products and designs, but please don't suggest that because you don't like it, it is therefore bad. In our defense all I can say is that we have had shows all last week in the UK and this week in Ireland and have received virtual universal praise at the designs and looks of the bikes. Extensive pictures have now been sent to all our distributors across Europe, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Japan and there has been a massive response in favour of them, also reflected in large increases in orders over last years range. I think most of the comments on this thread also indicate a very positive response.

With regards to the forks, both the standard Zoot fork and the Zoot Pro alloy fork will definitely find their way into this years parts range. There is some debate over whether we should go for a straight fork or a curved fork in the standard Zoot. We went initially for a curved fork, but would be interested in any arguments or reasons for either style.

On a strictly aesthetic point of view, I think a straight-blade fork might 'look' better on the Zoot to potential customers just because it's more like a BMX, dirt jump or mountain bike fork. I also really like the look of Inspired forks on my bike, so I'm probably a little biased in that sense :P

On a strictly aesthetic point of view, I think a straight-blade fork might 'look' better on the Zoot to potential customers just because it's more like a BMX, dirt jump or mountain bike fork. I also really like the look of Inspired forks on my bike, so I'm probably a little biased in that sense :P

I said that! ha ha.

With regards to the forks, both the standard Zoot fork and the Zoot Pro alloy fork will definitely find their way into this years parts range. There is some debate over whether we should go for a straight fork or a curved fork in the standard Zoot. We went initially for a curved fork, but would be interested in any arguments or reasons for either style.

Personally I think curved forks akin to the Pashley's look spot on, however I know this view certainly isn't shared by everyone. On a steel frame, fat alloy forks just don't seem to look "right".

I think some simple curved steel forks and higher end alloy straight forks would be the best way to go. Just make sure they have V mounts!! (The only negative of the Inspired forks, running V adapters ruins the aesthetics :P)

I personally prefer curved blade forks. And also there's already 2 set of straight blade forks on the market. I think the forks on the zoot look alot like the pashleys which alot of riders seem to like!

So can we have any info as to "if" there will be a comp style 24" or not?

Personally I think curved forks akin to the Pashley's look spot on, however I know this view certainly isn't shared by everyone. On a steel frame, fat alloy forks just don't seem to look "right".

I think some simple curved steel forks and higher end alloy straight forks would be the best way to go. Just make sure they have V mounts!! (The only negative of the Inspired forks, running V adapters ruins the aesthetics :P)

This is considerably more true than the bible :)

£589.99 buddy, You can get one in one month. :)

thats rediculous for the blade, i'm assuming it's got a tensile freewheel? are the hubs/headset sealed? that'd have cost 900-1000 when i started, well done onza! almost makes me want a mod :P

Edited by ogre

thats rediculous for the blade, i'm assuming it's got a tensile freewheel? are the hubs/headset sealed? that'd have cost 900-1000 when i started, well done onza! almost makes me want a mod :P

Yes it does have a Tensile freewheel along with a sealed rear hub.

I think Onza are planning on focussing on parts of the brand at a time, in the same way that every other year Deng sorta does parts then frames then parts then frames, and so on.

That's a fair point, but then why aren't they focussing on 26" NOW? Its a large part of the market which they seem to have neglected. They came out with all of those Pro series frames, but the only 26" one was the limey3 which, lets face it, was a bit of a flop when it eventually came out.

That's a fair point, but then why aren't they focussing on 26" NOW? Its a large part of the market which they seem to have neglected. They came out with all of those Pro series frames, but the only 26" one was the limey3 which, lets face it, was a bit of a flop when it eventually came out.

I agree with this, really.

Theres the master, the skull, the ice, and the limey mod frame, and for stock... the limey.

They've sold alright for us, but the 2010 mod range has been in the works for a long time so I'd imagine that's been taking up most of their resources. Having to spec out an entire range of bikes that totally beat everything else out there by a considerable margin takes a little more effort than just knocking out a frame now and again, or some 'new' bits from time to time. I'm sure when they get a chance they'll get it sorted...

I really can't see how the comp and the mater especially can compete with some of the zoo / echo full builds on tartybikes.

Would anyone really buy a master over the echo lite spec one or the zoo lynx spec 1 for 200 pounds cheaper? Or even the Echo lite spec two at roughly the same price?

Or is this just a case of tartybikes having really good deals and those bikes would sell better in other countries?

They're two completely different bikes (well, obviously not two, but you know what I mean...) basically. Our's are exclusive to us, and we're selling them through our site in comparison with other 'custom' bikes, but Onzas are marketed to sell in bike shops and the like, so they're going to be a different look, different spec and so on. I know which I'd have though :P