Tartybikes Competition!

Stan Shaw

who needs pencils when you have... fruit!

You would be surprised how hard it is to cut and stick down bits of orange peel! But heres the final result...

post-10394-126868150097_thumb.jpg

Funny! Classic! You should win on frustration factor alone. :)

Awe-inspiring bonus points for entries that copy that, but with limes or peanuts.

Let me present you..............................

SUPERSTAN AND THE ORANGE SKY!!!

superstan.th.jpg

sface.th.jpg

orangeskysketch.th.jpg

wheeldetails.th.jpg

tartybikesdetails.th.jpg

viewfrombelow.th.jpg

titlego.th.jpg

This is my piece of artwork.

It took me about 8-9 hours until completion and it was sketched with pencils on a high quality paper (50cm x 70cm)

Pencils used: 7B,3B,2B,HB,2H,3H and an orange colour pencil.

The logo "Superstan" was created by altering some of the letters of the original font used in Superman series and giving it a metal finish.

The face was sketched based on the "nanoboxx" photograph and the Koxx Orange Sky based on the photo of the build in

the TartyBikes website.I really tried to make my work realistic but also include some comic-style bits.

Many thanks to TartyBikes for the unique competition and to Stan Shaw for being such a good rider and model to sketch.

Hope you like it!

Good luck to everyone!

This is my piece of artwork.

It took me about 8-9 hours until completion and it was sketched with pencils on a high quality paper (50cm x 70cm)

Pencils used: 7B,3B,2B,HB,2H,3H and an orange colour pencil.

The logo "Superstan" was created by altering some of the letters of the original font used in Superman series and giving it a metal finish.

The face was sketched based on the "nanoboxx" photograph and the Koxx Orange Sky based on the photo of the build in

the TartyBikes website.I really tried to make my work realistic but also include some comic-style bits.

Many thanks to TartyBikes for the unique competition and to Stan Shaw for being such a good rider and model to sketch.

Hope you like it!

Good luck to everyone!

this drawin is ace .. nice man . u have some drawing skillz .

like the tartybike pants hahaha

If you don't have the artistic 1337 skills then you can still go for the comedy effort. Both are valid ;)

Both, eh?

4451550991_ff5dcd9e9f_b.jpg

I started to draw this out, but my drawing skills are a bit unreliable, so I decided to use my '1337' digital skills.

I guess some people won't get the caption, I got the idea from this post.

Heres my second entry of Ali from the wallpapers bit of tartybikes, didnt get any orange in to this one unfortunatley but apart from the sketchynes its turned out pretty good!

edit: I like it mark, made me lol!

Work in progress:

47247070.jpg

Final thing:

93915798.jpg24916120.jpg

91938662.jpg

I seem to have forgotten the spokes somehow :S will have to do them tomorrow!

Thanks

Theo (Y)

Edited by Theo

Put way too much time in this :P (everything is made from scratch in illustrator, didn't just photoshop any images)

Little story that comes along with the main image:

post-8669-126946873476_thumb.jpg

Main image:

post-8669-126946877272_thumb.jpg

Couldn't see the eye color on every picture so it could be that they are wrong.

From left to right: Stan, Kenny, Ali.

10 points to who gets the reference :P

Watch in full size!:)

This just took me nearly two hours beleive it or not, its really hard to draw on a laptop without a mouse.

Hope you like it!

Edit: I was going to copy mark westlake's foto holding onto something abit more rude than what he is but I thought it wouldn't be apropriate.

Edit again: ok my fingers really acheing now but it was wrth it picture number 2!

post-3784-126947874695_thumb.jpg

post-3784-126948621193_thumb.jpg

Edited by club_card

Put way too much time in this :P (everything is made from scratch in illustrator, didn't just photoshop any images)

Little story that comes along with the main image:

post-8669-126946873476_thumb.jpg

Main image:

post-8669-126946877272_thumb.jpg

Couldn't see the eye color on every picture so it could be that they are wrong.

From left to right: Stan, Kenny, Ali.

10 points to who gets the reference :P

Watch in full size!:)

Thats briliant. Gotta love slighty older kids cartoons or is it still around now?

Ok, I just barely got validated as a forum member, and with the dead line for this contest looming, I got to work. I am off work today, but watching our 7 month old girl, so between stories and dirty diapers, I managed to bang out my vision of Adam Read playing around the warehouse after hours. I mean, dont you ever wonder where those scratch and dent specials come from? Hope you guys like it!

post-25546-126990153764_thumb.jpg

Edit: Oh, if any one cares, I drew Adam and his mangled bike by hand, scanned it into the computer then used photoshop for color and the rest of the picture.

Edited by Slobert
  • Like 1