Single Cage Pedals

Captain Scarlet

I recent had a go on Mr Rankin's Koxx which had a set of the single cage Try-All superlight pedals, soon finding that they are stupidly grippy when compared to my Onza Hognesiums!

Looking on Tarty, I see that Echo do an equivalent at half the price, the only major difference grip wise is that the pins don't look so pronounced/sharp, which I imagine would be less grippy.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried both and if there is much of a difference in grip, to save myself a fair bit of money really.

Cheers,

My next bike part purchase is going to be echo tr's, i cant see how the try-all's are worth twice as much. I have always though try-all are over priced. They do make some good stuff. But try to pride themselves a cut above the rest on pricing there parts high. Thats my opinion anyway.

Had the try-alls over a year now, light and grippy as f**k, but as you can see from one of the posts above do have a tendancy for the body to crack/snap

go for the tr's hutley not worth paying double really :)

Edited by Toby

Big fan of try-all but i have opted for the trs and they work for me,

more grip than the single vp,

wider than the vp and lighter,

also sealed bearings and the same as try-all

so why pay double the amount for tryall name?

bryan....are you still even alive? you had better make it along to a ride this weekend!!!!

Ive been running the echo TR pedals for about 3 months now gave them a good mashing a few times and the cages are still perfect.

Grip levels are really good depending on your shoe choice, when i first got them i was riding with a pair of Nike 6.0s and found the grip to be terrible, switched to a pair of old skool vans with a thin sole and they are grippy as hell.

Value for money is awesome considering how light they are, you have to spend nearly double to get a platform pedal of a similar weight.

I'd steer clear from try-all....

IMG_0936-vi.jpg

using an angle grinder to prove a point is cheating :P

the try-all pedals are the best ive ever used or tested

and for £70 im happy ;)

large_rockman.jpg

there identicle :blink:

exept the graphics, but the try-all's are much better looking imo

its like paying £10 for a basic haircut or £30 for a style...

both cut youre hair but paying the extra you get a much better look ;)

Edited by stunt man t

there identicle :blink:

exept the graphics, but the try-all's are much better looking imo

its like paying £10 for a basic haircut or £30 for a style...

both cut youre hair but paying the extra you get a much better look ;)

They are identical. So using your analogy, it's like paying £30 for a 'style' that the same person would also do for £10 just down the road...

Didn't have time yesterday, got time today.

large_rockman.jpg

Fair bit cheaper than the Superlights. Slap bang in the middle of the TRs and the Try-Alls, which is nice...

They've got immense pain written all over them, definately a no no with shorts an no shinpads!!

No point what so ever buying the try-alls now, also the new rockman rims for mod at least are exact copies of the try-all hole rims? and again cheaper!

The new Rockman rims, stems and pedals are exactly the same product, from the same factory, made from the same material as the Try-All products.

Are Rockman ok to do what they are doing making stuff the same as Try-All just with there name on it?

I just think be creative and design something different.

Yeah, it'd be cool if people could actually do their own thing, but at the same time it makes commercial sense for Rockman to take advantage of the opportunity they've got.

They've got immense pain written all over them, definately a no no with shorts an no shinpads!!

All pedals hurt if you get battered in the shin. If they look like they'd hurt more, they'll probably be grippier, which should mean you're less likely to slip them in the first place ;) But yeah, I wouldn't let them looking 'painful' put you off them.