Iphone Apps

ben_travis

Logitech Touchmouse is really cool - the iPhone works as a keyboard / mouse for your PC.  Worths flawlessly for me, great for watching films as a remote control.  Free.

Great shout :D

PS Mobile - Photoshop, awesome for quick, simple edits and has an option to upload straight to facebook. - Free

SUBCARD  - When you sign up, it gives you a unique barcode, then every time you go to Subway, show them your code thing, and it puts points on your account and when you have enough points, you can use your account to get a free sub. WIN. - Free.

DoodleJump - Tilt your iPhone to jump up platforms. Sounds extremely more awesome than it is. Believe the hype. If you don't already have it, go and get it. Now. - 59p

Canabalt - Tap the screen to jump, run across buildings and dive through glass, insanely addictive. - £1.79

TouchGrind - Crazy ass skateboarding game, the best 3 quid I've spent on my iPod Touch. - £2.99

I used to have like 9+ pages of apps, it just gets cumbersome trying to get to the ones at the end  (N)

I used to have like 9+ pages of apps, it just gets cumbersome trying to get to the ones at the end  (N)

Time for iOS4 with support for folders, then. It's available now on iTunes.

That's about the only thing that's significantly different on my 3G :(

Thanks for the heads up man, didn't even know it was out.

I had a look at the feature list, it looks like Apple have finally cottoned on to a few reasons people jailbreak, and implemented them themselves, it's about time happy.gif

I hope you don't have to pay for the OS for iPod touch again erm.gif

EDIT: It's free, yay ;D

Edited by Ninja Manatee

If you've paid for them then you can download them again without having money taken, so it's no biggy (Y)

Yep, found that out haha, just transferred paid apps to a different computer. OS4.0 is brilliant, the multitasking is perfect.

I downloaded Tiger Woods PGA golf the other day. It's a really good game, kept me busy for hours. And only 59p for such an extensive game = bargain.

Yep, found that out haha, just transferred paid apps to a different computer. OS4.0 is brilliant, the multitasking is perfect.

I downloaded Tiger Woods PGA golf the other day. It's a really good game, kept me busy for hours. And only 59p for such an extensive game = bargain.

Im not really getting the multitasking bit ?

it doesnt seem to multi task just have a most recently used at the bottom - the only apps that do switch smoothly between each other are the standard iphone ones which if you just did one button press and touch the screen you get to that app just as quickly ?

I really want to update to iOS4 but I don't have the Internet on my laptop. Gay.

Erm one that hasn't been mentioned, I don't think, is SolFree. Free solitare basically, hours of entertainment right there.

I have at least 80 + apps, but I use only a few of them.

These are quite good:

flight control

SHAZAM

Zombieville

Sol Free

HoldEm

Pocket God

Gt Racing (now on sale for .99 cents which is a great bargain)

Angry Birds

Remote tap

Counter

Read it later

These are always on my iphone....Others were just bought and forgotten in a few weeks(

I still can't find a proper IM client (Beejive?) and a programm with which you can make music.

Multitasking only works with programs that support it. And don't forget to clear the queue regularly if you don't want your battery dead in a matter of few hours.

Edited by Dan S

I still can't find a proper IM client (Beejive?)

and a programm with which you can make music.

IM client: MSN messenger is coming soon if you wanna use MSN

Music program: try Rebirth, you can only really make techno though, and it's fiddly as f**k!

If guitar pro came out on iphone, that'd be awesome...

For anyone having trouble with the multitasking, the developers of the application need to change some code and implement the multitasking feature into the app before it runs smoothly and integrates itself with the multitasking feature. There's already been some updates which have done this, but since I'm on my stupid 2G iPod Touch, it doesn't matter dry.gif

For anyone having trouble with the multitasking, the developers of the application need to change some code and implement the multitasking feature into the app before it runs smoothly and integrates itself with the multitasking feature. There's already been some updates which have done this, but since I'm on my stupid 2G iPod Touch, it doesn't matter dry.gif

I downloaded iOs4 for mine and ended up jailbreaking it within 20 mins. Best idea ever.

The second time I jailbroke, I used "Spirit"*, and it's a pile of crap. It made the iPod go slow as hell, eventually it gave in, and I thought I'd bricked the iPod for a few days. But then I did a crazy reset where you have to hold different buttons for different amounts of time in a weird sequence thing, and I said I wouldn't jailbreak it again.

But i say that everytime, and then I just get bored, jailbreak it, miss a certain feature and reset it again. But I'm going to have to keep it factory for a while, 'cause I need to take it into an Apple Store, as the headphone jack is messed up - Audio only comes through one headphone (The right one), unless you wiggle it about and keep it in an exact position, it kind of comes through the left, all crackly and stuff. I'm certain it's not the headphones, 'cause I've tried about 5 different pairs, and they're all the same. If anyone had the same problem and fixed it themselves, could you let me know how please ;D

Oh, and if anyone's selling their old iPhone/3g/(S) to buy the iPhone4, could you let me know how much you're after for it ;D

*Blackra1n = win :D

Would I be able ok buy a 3g/3gs off of ebay then download iOS4 and jailbreak it to have it unlocked with free apps etc? Or is there anything else I need to do? or any other problems with it being unlocked?

Jailbreaking isn't the same as unlocking to use on any network.

You can put iOS4 on the 3G/3GS, yes. There shouldn't really be any major problems with your plan unless you need to unlock it - I'm not sure what the current situation is with unlocking. I think you can do it with iOS4.